Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Question

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

I'm thinking about replacing my exhaust system to give a louder note when l get on it.

Being that l only have 14,000 miles on my 02, can l save my curent system and switch back to the stock system when and if l sell it by just swapping it?

When the exhaust system is replaced do they have to cut the current one off or is it just a bolt on and bolt off deal?

Thanks

Alan:beer

That sounds good to me!

Now l have to decide which exhaust l want.

Thanks

Alan

Exhaust Choice

Hi

The exhaust you had on your 98 is probably the one l will get. It's supposed to be docile until you get on it.

Your choice of the TI for you 04 is one that l thought about but what l have read the only difference other then what it's made of only saves you approx 8lbs and that's it!

What was your reasoning? Does it sound any different? It's the Z06 exhaust correct?

Do you have the cross pipes on your 04. As far as added hp, l don't believe any of the wild claims about added hp.

I live in a quiet area so l would hate to come out of my garage 6am with a car sounding like a NASCAR racer.

Thanks

Alan

Hi

The exhaust you had on your 98 is probably the one l will get. It's supposed to be docile until you get on it.

Your choice of the TI for you 04 is one that l thought about but what l have read the only difference other then what it's made of only saves you approx 8lbs and that's it!

What was your reasoning? Does it sound any different? It's the Z06 exhaust correct?

Do you have the cross pipes on your 04. As far as added hp, l don't believe any of the wild claims about added hp.

I live in a quiet area so l would hate to come out of my garage 6am with a car sounding like a NASCAR racer.

Thanks

Alan

The Corsa Touring Exhaust sounds like a good choice for you. I have one on my '04 Coupe (dealer installed).

It has a nice, low-level rumble at idle, no resonance at cruise, and screams at you at WOT.

I want my Vette to sound like a civilized sports car, not like I am getting ready for Daytona:L

While the TI's sound quite a bit better than stock they don't sound as good as the Pace Car system. I just wanted to try something different on the 04. Plus I really do like the tips on the TI's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom