Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Set-up: Yay or Nay?

F

flynbyu82

I've been looking into doing a complete revamp for my 82's exhaust system. I've been shopping around and it just seems like Mid America has the best prices for headers, mufflers, etc. Here is what I've been looking at...

DYNOMAX High Perf. Mufflers, pair (prt# 603-566)
HEDMAN Ceramic Coated Headers, pair (prt# 618-613)
Dual Exhaust 409 Stainless Steel 2.5" (prt# 603-866)

Remeber, I am putting this on a '82 so I also want to know if everything will work fine with ECM(?) systems. THe Dual exhaust set-up does say something about Oxygen sensor placement so I figure it should work fine. I am fimiliar with Hedman headers, but not with Dynomax. I don't want an annoxiously loud set-up but I do want it louder than my stock setup, which I sure it will be.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I will more than gladly take antyhing into consideration.

Although it's not a priority a new exhaust is on my to do list. I'd be interested to hear how this all comes together for you.

I have had the DynoMax mufflers on my 87 for nearly 8 years. Until the cat plugged they had a decent sound. With out any cats they are a little loud for long trips but OK for around town. The tone suits me. It's not tinny. They are still more quiet than a 86 firebird with SLP headers and flowmaster I rode in.

JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom