Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust

jnobrega

Corvette
2006 Coupe
Any recommendations for a good sounding exhaust sytem for an o6 Corvette?? Do headers make any difference on this car?? I've heard that the existing factory exhaust manifold is pretty good.

Thanks

Lots of choices.

Any recommendations for a good sounding exhaust sytem for an o6 Corvette?? Do headers make any difference on this car?? I've heard that the existing factory exhaust manifold is pretty good.
Thanks

Stock systems are too quiet for my taste, so I had a Borla on my C5 02 manual coupe and really liked the sound. I tried a B&B bullet on my C6 06 auto w/paddles convertible and love the deep throaty idle, but I'm not sure I like the interior drone under 2000rpm. I just ordered a C6 07 manual coupe (trading off the auto vert) and am going to try the Corsa sport. Based on the specs, I'm hoping the Corsa is a good comprimise for idle, WOT, and cruising speed. If not, I'll throw on the bullet and see how it sounds with a manual tranny.

BTW, I'm running a Flowmaster 40 series delta on my Trailblazer SS (which has the vette 6.0L LS2 engine), single exhaust (GM, what were you thinking?? Give it dual exhaust; throw the spare in the back like the Jeep used to do), Magnaflow 4.5" tip, which sounds awesome.

Dave

Stock systems are too quiet for my taste, so I had a Borla on my C5 02 manual coupe and really liked the sound. I tried a B&B bullet on my C6 06 auto w/paddles convertible and love the deep throaty idle, but I'm not sure I like the interior drone under 2000rpm. I just ordered a C6 07 manual coupe (trading off the auto vert) and am going to try the Corsa sport. Based on the specs, I'm hoping the Corsa is a good comprimise for idle, WOT, and cruising speed. If not, I'll throw on the bullet and see how it sounds with a manual tranny.

BTW, I'm running a Flowmaster 40 series delta on my Trailblazer SS (which has the vette 6.0L LS2 engine), single exhaust (GM, what were you thinking?? Give it dual exhaust; throw the spare in the back like the Jeep used to do), Magnaflow 4.5" tip, which sounds awesome.

Dave

Thanks for the information. Let me know how that Corsa works on your new car,. That's the one that I've been considering. Have you gone as far as adding headers to your car and does it really make a difference? I've heard that the exhaust stock manifold is pretty good.

Thanks,

Joel

Thanks for the information. Let me know how that Corsa works on your new car,. That's the one that I've been considering. Have you gone as far as adding headers to your car and does it really make a difference? I've heard that the exhaust stock manifold is pretty good.

Thanks,

Joel

No, haven't done anything with the headers. I would think the stock manifold IS pretty good. That said, the more one mods all the way up to the engine, the more difference one should notice in the overall "tone". Estimated delivery for the new vette is late Oct or early Nov, so if I go with the Corsa's I'll let you. By then, of course, you may have already tried something ;) .

Dave :w

Thanks for the information. Let me know how that Corsa works on your new car,. That's the one that I've been considering. Have you gone as far as adding headers to your car and does it really make a difference? I've heard that the exhaust stock manifold is pretty good.l
I have Corsa Sports and they sound good, not too loud.

I've read that headers will give 'typically' 20 RWHP, but they make the sound much louder.

Some have put headers with the stock exhaust, they say it sounds good.

I recently took Corsa sports off my '07 coupe and replaced them with Borla Stingers. Corsa's were toooo quiet while cruising. I no longer have that problem. Love that muscle car sound!

I was banned for advertising a new C6 exhaust here but if you want information on definiitely better sounding, considerably more affordable exhaust systems contact me. No headers are necessary.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom