Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Experience Appraising Vehicles

68Roadster

Corvette
'68 White Vert '05 Silverado SS
Does anyone have any experience appraising old Sharks or getting appraisals done?
My dilemma is that I need to investigate getting adequate insurance coverage based on actual cash value and I don't want to be too low or too high.
I am the second owner of my '68 and it's a weirdly optioned car:
Base motor, convertible, A/C, 4 speed, radio delete. Still #'s matching and re-painted once. Using the specs on the forum I come up with the following:

28,566 1968 Corvettes produced
24,609 produced with AM/FM radio
3,311 produced with AM/FM Stereo

That leaves 646 built with either AM radio's or no radio at all.

As far as documentation goes, I have receipts for everything that has been done to the car along with the original paperwork where the car was ordered in June of '67 from the Chevy Dealership in Saigon.

When I got the car in '96 it was appraised for 13,500 and I have not had it done since. If anyone has experience appraising or knows of someone in the Dallas area, drop me a reply.

Thanks in advance!

Cee

Talk to folks from your local NCRS Chapter, Corvette clubs, or hot-rod clubs; many of those guys have collector policies that required appraisals, and they can steer you to a local appraiser familiar with collector cars.
:beer

Your insurance company will have list of local appraisers that can do the job. You may want to look into getting agreed value insurance rather than stated value.

BTW, I don't think AM only radios were offered in '68, so you car may be one of the 646 that were ordered without.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom