Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Extended Warranty

dyogi

Corvette
2007 C6
I'm considering of purchasing an extended warranty for my '07. I see so many things that could go wrong (magnetic suspension, so much electrical, etc.) that I'm thinking that it could be a wise choice. Any opinions or experiences? Anyone experiencing problems that have cost them or would have cost them big dollars for repairs? From what I have been reading, the C6 line has not had a lot of problems but one never knows.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Dennis

I believe there are something like 18 computers in the C6. It would be worth the warranty if something happened to any one of them. :ugh I have a 2005, which I have not had a bit of trouble with, but I purchased a GMMP extended warranty before the original expired. It gives me a much more comfortable feeling. :D

Elaine

I purchased an extended warranty for my 08, makes me feel good thru 2014. Purchased one for my 02 when I got it and it expires this July; haven't had to use it yet, but I only have 29K on the clock. I don't regret purchasing the extended warranties. Also put one on my 03 blazer and did have to use it. I will probably loose $ on the deals, but it is like an insurance policy-one you hope you never have to use. A GM world class tech here in Denver told me the C6s were so good that I would probably never use the warranty. Ten minutes later he was repairing my headlights that did not work - an electrical problem that was covered by the standard warranty. Also, he had to perform a recall on the convertible top. After all, the corvette is a mechanical - electrical - hydraulic machine, so things can go wrong. So, as Yogi said, "One thing is certain, you never know".
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom