Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exterior Temperature

TomWilde

Corvette
2000 black roadster
On my 2000, the exterior temperature reads incorrectly, so the AC has been shutting off when it reads the temp as 34 (or something!) but it's actually 80+. Anyone know if this is a sensor issue or a larger, computer issue?

Tom,
I believe that sensor is a pretty inexpensive part. Seems like under $20, if I recall. It might be worth a shot replacing it, in case that takes care of the problem. Computers, on the other hand, can get pricey.

Someone with more technical knowledge should be able to weigh in here. In the meantime, welcome to the CAC.

Tammy

Thanks

for reminding me about the simple logic. I needed that.

Tom

Tom,
I believe that sensor is a pretty inexpensive part. Seems like under $20, if I recall. It might be worth a shot replacing it, in case that takes care of the problem. Computers, on the other hand, can get pricey.

Someone with more technical knowledge should be able to weigh in here. In the meantime, welcome to the CAC.

Tammy

Part is under $ 10.00. It is located in the lower front passenger side near the radiator. It snaps into place. Unclip the wire, R & R the sensor. It is an easy inexpensive fix. Good Luck !

tom,welcome to the club. hope you enjoy and get your vette fixed.

Hey Tom, Welcome to CAC. Now that you mention it, My outside temp has been erratic, so maybe I'll give the sensor a shot as well!
Thanks for the reminder!
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom