Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Falken XE502 Tires

muskiemike

Corvette
1984 Gunmetal Met
Anyone running the Falken XE502 ZR Tires on their C4?

How do you like or dislike the tires?

In advance, thanks for your comments!:w

ZEIX 502

Had an old worn set on my 87 when i first bought it ( about 7 mounths ago, Had 1 repaird, and put a can of fix a flat in one, could not complain about them. Just put 4 brand new ones on 3 weeks ago ( Zeix 502's) and love them even more, smooth as silk on the hiway, no real road noise, and handleing is great dry and wet, of course i also have just put on 4 new shocks this past week-end, and ride comfort is dramaticly improved but cannot attribute that to the tires. Oh and i like the looks of the tires as well.

Tyre Prices?

How much did the Falkens cost you? I don't think you can get them over here (in the UK) and was wondering whether it would be more cost-effective to ship a set in from the US.

Tyre prices here are vastly over-inflated (no pun intended!), with Goodyear 255 x 50 x ZR16 selling for around GBP 250 each (that's in excess of $375 per tyre!!!)

My younger brother races a modified production Lancia on Falkens and swears by them, so guess they should be OK for road use.

Cheers from across The Pond.

Nige.

Falken 255 50 16ZR ZE502 US Prices

Hello Nige,

I ahve yet to purchase them yet.

You might want to go to www.tires.com, they have them at $107 per tire.

Or www.victoriatire.com, tel: 1.323.583.3229

Or Miami tire, $93 per tire, tel: 1.305.266.3517

These do not include shipping and or import tax. . .

Good Luck!

I have a new set of these on my car now, I like them. The ride is much better than the bald worn out goodyears that I had. I think they were somewhere around $100 a tire, if I remember right.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Muskiemike,

Thanks for the tip. I've contacted both companies with regard to shipping to the UK but, if they can't, I've got a pal in LA who ships a lot of stuff and he can always add them to one of his containers.

Cheers!

Nige.

I love mine

I pout a set of the ZIEX 502 on my 84 and love them. Good traction seem to wear pretty well but with a reasonable price. For all four plus and alignment I gave $560 mounted and balanced and as I said a four wheel alignment

you also may want to check out the Kuhmo's... after going to the Ecklers show this past weekend, I realized that many owners are running them, and none seemed to have negatives....

THX to ALL your Replies!

THX for your replies, it looks like the Falken ZE502's are one of the better tires for the money . . .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom