Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FAST LSX and LS7 Throttlebody

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
Installed my FAST LSX 90 intake and LS2/LS7 90mm throttlebody. I got a sweet deal on the throttlebody from Texas-speed.com. Anyone interested in this combination you need to also purchase the wiring harness adapter to make the throttlebody work on their C5's. You also need 1/2" longer bolts to mount the throttlebody on this intake. The install went smooth. I ported the bottom half of the intake to match my intake ports on the heads with their deep floors. The car hauls azz, but I do need a dyno tune to make it perfect.
I also saved $100.00 on the intake going through ebay. I'm a happy camper with the end result and it looks killer too lol!

Sweet

Sounds like you have it maxed out wo/blower or turbo--way to go.. I'd like to see the #'s on this one. Do you have gears in her? What does she do in 1/4? Have you had to beef up drive train--or are you leaving street tires on her so she can do the dance. Are you using the stock short block--have always wanted to know what they can take. Do you know what max RPM they can turn safely (with stock rod bolts) Enough of the questions for now---good luck with her.
T&L

I have this same combination on my stroker - works great. A tb from the new Trailblazer SS will also work (90mm from the factory).

:upthumbs

T&L said:
Sounds like you have it maxed out wo/blower or turbo--way to go.. I'd like to see the #'s on this one. Do you have gears in her? What does she do in 1/4? Have you had to beef up drive train--or are you leaving street tires on her so she can do the dance. Are you using the stock short block--have always wanted to know what they can take. Do you know what max RPM they can turn safely (with stock rod bolts) Enough of the questions for now---good luck with her.
T&L
Yes, I'm about as far as I can go without going to a stroker which I see in my future, probably somewhere between 408ci. and 427ci. I don't have any gears but I like the 3.42's anyway. No solid quarter mile results, but I will be going to Epping N.H. in a few weeks. I'm running Nitto 555R II's, far better grip than the F1's. I haven't touched the drivetrain yet, I'm waiting for this clutch to go, but pulls strong right now. I will do severe duty output shafts, carbon fiber driveshaft and lightweight flwheel at that time. I have my rev. limiter set for 7000rpm and pulls up to there fine. I have a combination Crane and Comp valvetrain. Before the heads and intake I pulled 435rwhp and 413rwt, hoping to improve on that for sure.

Installed my FAST LSX 90 intake and LS2/LS7 90mm throttlebody. I got a sweet deal on the throttlebody from Texas-speed.com. Anyone interested in this combination you need to also purchase the wiring harness adapter to make the throttlebody work on their C5's. You also need 1/2" longer bolts to mount the throttlebody on this intake. The install went smooth. I ported the bottom half of the intake to match my intake ports on the heads with their deep floors. The car hauls azz, but I do need a dyno tune to make it perfect.
I also saved $100.00 on the intake going through ebay. I'm a happy camper with the end result and it looks killer too lol!

Todd, have a question. I have to take out my intake manifold to change out the oil pressure sending unit. While Iam already there, I was thinking Fast LSX and LS2 TB. My current setup: Dynatech LT's, Vararam B2, Corsa Indies, and tuning. Would I benefit at all from this? Or do I wait for head and cam swap at another time? I figure, take advantage of the labor. Eventually I plan AFR 205's and a decent cam, but not there yet. Is there any tuning issues? What is the wiring harness for? Do I also need the coolant pipes from Texas Speed?
Herbie

Todd, have a question. I have to take out my intake manifold to change out the oil pressure sending unit. While Iam already there, I was thinking Fast LSX and LS2 TB. My current setup: Dynatech LT's, Vararam B2, Corsa Indies, and tuning. Would I benefit at all from this? Or do I wait for head and cam swap at another time? I figure, take advantage of the labor. Eventually I plan AFR 205's and a decent cam, but not there yet. Is there any tuning issues? What is the wiring harness for? Do I also need the coolant pipes from Texas Speed?
Herbie
Herbie, you can do the FAST 90 and the TB now if you choose, because the intake can stay on for a cam swap. When you do the heads, you would have had to remove the intake anyway, so it still works out for you. You will need the wiring harness for the TB and the coolant pipe kit for sure on a 99'. For tuning, you should have someone check it to make sure you are not lean if you install the intake, that's all. When you do the cam, you can get a full blown dyno tune then and also a dyno tune when you do the heads. You will love the FAST 90 and TB. Make sure to port and polish that LS2 TB, because the butterfly is shrouded from the inlet air. This makes a big difference. Hope I was some help to you.
Todd

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom