Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Feeling kind of conflicted about this one...

Mac

Administrator
Corvette
1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
Jim Ratsoy from British Columbia, a former car dealer who over the years, put together an interesting collection of antique and classic cars. Eventually, Ratsoy decided to auction his collection... and they were all purchased by a dealer in China. The entire collection will be loaded and shipped to Beijing. :ugh

Mac

Huge Canadian classic car collection headed to China | Driving

The Chinese will probably copy the technology into their 2016 new cars! ;LOL

Maybe it'll give them something to put in that bazillion square foot mall I've read about . . . I wonder if the Chinese have unleaded fuels that those cars need ?

Jim Ratsoy from British Columbia, a former car dealer who over the years, put together an interesting collection of antique and classic cars. Eventually, Ratsoy decided to auction his collection... and they were all purchased by a dealer in China. The entire collection will be loaded and shipped to Beijing. :ugh

Mac

Huge Canadian classic car collection headed to China | Driving

Mac -- first, I appreciate the link. Watched it twice. I think I can also appreciate your ambivalence, but I'm not having that problem. I think it's a shame. Some of those cars are hard to come by, and in the apparent condition the video captured, can be considered quite rare. But what is revealing is that Ratsoy (just play with that name for a minute after I say the following) has no emotional connection to all but an apparent handful -- and that connection is not revealed.

To Ratsoy, a car is pretty much just a car -- that is, a commodity. They might as well be bushels of wheat. I've seen this mental state many times with those who are wealthy and are acquisitive over some sort of object -- toy trains, jewelry, sports memorabilia, dolls, etc. Because of the fact that the registered members of CAC are here, I doubt there are many who think of their Corvettes as a bushel of wheat.

My wife and I have "only" three cars -- and two are true Super Cars -- my beloved '04 Z06 and a beautiful-but-snarly White Diamond 2014 CTS-V sedan. Our Soul Red 2014 Mazda CX-5 (the one they showed constantly in ads last year) is an amazing mid-sized SUV, very well made and does everything the other two vehicles can't. They are not for sale, especially to a Chinese citizen who will import them -- for any reason or any amount of money.

Last edited:
To Ratsoy, a car is pretty much just a car -- that is, a commodity. They might as well be bushels of wheat. I've seen this mental state many times with those who are wealthy and are acquisitive over some sort of object -- toy trains, jewelry, sports memorabilia, dolls, etc. Because of the fact that the registered members of CAC are here, I doubt there are many who think of their Corvettes as a bushel of wheat.
Well said and agreed!!

Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom