Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fifty Years of Corvette!

• Thread starter Thread starter VAmagred01
  • Start date Start date
V

VAmagred01

The Danbury Mint is offering a 1:43 scale, Chevrolet-authorized, 50th Anniversary collection of every model year Corvette (from 1953 to 2003). The detail is unbelievable (so it reads in the magazine). Each model is made of cold-cast porcelain and is painted in authentic factory colors. Detailed interior and undercarriage are key features to each model. Each model comes with it's own base (with data sheet, specs, features, etc.) along with a wooden wall until with room for each Corvette (50)(no additional charge).

Each replica is $14.95 plus $1.95 s/h (Roughly $845/set). First and last cars are shipped individually. In between you will receive (and pay for) 2 cars per month. You need to reserve your collection. You don't pay until your first car comes. I saw this in my latest issue of Car and Driver (Sept. '03). It's on page 117. Mailing in the reservation card will hold your collection. This is an awesome collection for the Corvette enthusiast!

Just thought I would pass along the info.

-Kenny

Thanks for the info. i ordered these today. have you gotten any yet and if so how long from the time you ordered to the time you received any?

I have yet to order. Congrats on yours! I just passed the page earlier during some scanning of a C&D issue and I'm still in limbo.

I'll let you know when I receive my first.

Regards,
Kenny

sorry for the late response. i received my first two cars for the 50th collection last week. they aren't bad and will make a nice addition to my collection.

Congrats. How is the detail? In your honest opinion, are they worth the money?

-Kenny

well they are okay. they aren't like the higher priced ones but they aren't bad

cscarlson:

I'm sorry to hear they aren't up to par. Hopefully you aren't too disappointed.

Sherry:

You're welcome!:w I'm just glad I'm able to pass on info to other Corvette enthusiast!:CAC

Best regards,
Kenny

It's not that they aren't up to par, they are a fairly small corvette's and it is worth the 15.00ea you pay for them. a decent collection when it is all done i would say,

I've received three so far and they are pretty cool... well detailed for 1:43 scale and info about the year on the underside of the bases. No moving parts like Franklin Mint, but a nice addition to my collection. Speaking of Franklin Mint, I found out this past week they are now selling a limited run '67 427/435 and a Z06...both are on the way.:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom