Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally Did My Homelink Mod

PreacherNutshot

Corvette
2004 Spiral Grey Coupe
Using a donor C5 visor and a homelink equipped visor from an '05 Monte Carlo I now have Homelink in my Vette.

I've seen retrofitted visors for sale online for $229 (you supply the visor) to $289 for a plug and play.

Instead I spent $90 ($25 for donor visor, $30 for homelink visor, $30 to have auto upholsterer sew up my frankenvisor.)

I know that, to most, it's no big deal, but for some reason it may be my favorite mod to date. Here's pics (the remote clipped to the passenger visor has since gone bye-bye).

medium.jpg

visors.jpg

Pretty cool! Nice job and look good too. :beer

congrats!
I too have a homelink module sitting in my garage that had been earmarked for installation in my C5. Considered mounting it in the carpet just on the lower driver's side of the center console.
Something to do this winter I suppose
Rain

Rain said:
congrats!
I too have a homelink module sitting in my garage that had been earmarked for installation in my C5. Considered mounting it in the carpet just on the lower driver's side of the center console.
Something to do this winter I suppose
Rain

I like the visor location. Plus your lighted mirror provides a handy power source.

Sweet! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Could you post here (others might like to know too) or PM me some more specifics of what you had to do, connections made and explain the Monte Carlo donor bit. Thanks.

bobs78 said:
Sweet! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Could you post here (others might like to know too) or PM me some more specifics of what you had to do, connections made and explain the Monte Carlo donor bit. Thanks.

The Monte Carlo donor was simply a way to get a homelink unit cheaply. I bought a 2005 Monte Carlo visor on ebay for $35. (All visor mounted homelink units are the same). Just make sure that it's from a 2000 or newer car so that it handles rolling codes.

I bought a stock C5 visor from a fellow forum member for $20.

Then I merged the two (I kept my original in case the new one burst in to flames, or looked bad once is was sewn back up.)

The only item of concern was the wiring. I stole these pics from thread on another board. My homelink didn't have the green and black wires as shown in the pics, but I could tell which was which by looking at the while homelink connector.

modulewiredandinserted.jpg

wiringcloseup.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom