Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FINALLY,FIRST CRUZ

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
For the first time in close too 3 yrs my son and i took the 74 vert for a cruz. Been working on the car on and off for that long. Being that my son put many hours into the interior redo , he drove the maiden voyage. The car purrrred like a kitten. No rattles or squeaks. Absolutely made my day to finally get to cruz the vert. Dave :w
AAVETTEORANGE8-28010.jpg

AAVETTEORANGE8-28FIXINGBRAKES-2.jpg

AAVETTEORANGE8-28FIXINGBRAKES-3.jpg

:beer :bar

The Vert looks great! I can only imagine how happy the both of you were taking her for a cruise. Long time to wait. That would of drove me nuts...LOL.

Yup pretty exicting day. My son has a 69 vette coupe , but i have to say he enjoyed the first cruz as much as i did. The bottom pix is the son's 69. He will soon start on that one ( painted ect ect ). Dave :w
VETTES8-27-07004.jpg

69vette.jpg

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING like the feeling you get working on a Corvette with your son.
:beer

Amen Brother , on the father and son bond. I have too keep an eye on him though. He is is Chief of Police here in our area. Dave :w

Dave, you SURE do have some F-I-N-E lookin' Vettes!
Andy :w

I would love to own another Vette but of a different generation like a C2 or C4. Of course money and the Wife are always an issue...LOL.

Thnx Navy2kcoupe. Vette 79 i agree, i would like too some day get either a c2 or c4. I can't say that iv'e been in a newer vette , but with all the new technoligy out there today . i bet there is a world of difference than what we are used too. Dave :w

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie :beer

That surely must be the greatest feeling!

Congrats to you and your son on such fine pass time and shared memories. :beer

Thnx GerryLP, we do enjoy getting together and working on the cars. My son has a ton of patience to work on any fine detail projects. I believe his 69 will go back to the original Riverside Gold paint. At least when he starts on his 69 it will give us more time to hang out together. Dave :upthumbs :w

Thnx Piet. How's the weather up your way. Lived in Burlington, Ontario as a kid. Dave :w

WOW! What a beautiful ride! I can only imagine how excited you were to take it for a spin

The summer has been very warm this year. (90-95 F) for a couple of weeks. Very unexpected for Alberta..... but great for corvettes with t-tops!

I have put on about 600-700 miles on in-town driving.
All Good!

Nice pics and Vettes.....congrats on the first cruise!

Piet, That is warm for your area. At least it was good cruzin weather. Been a warm summer here in northern Michigan also. Lots of muggy weather. See ya , Dave :w

VETTES8-27BACKOF3.jpg

:lou:lou:lou

AGVI , Thnx. Nice lookin silver 80. Good combo too with the claret interior . I see you right up the road from Burlington. I think when i was a kid Burlington had like 11,00 people. Look at it today YIKES. My sister still lives in Hamilton. Dave:w:w:w
VETTES7-1-07BOTHCARSINSHADEWITHDAVE.jpg

AGVI , Thnx. Nice lookin silver 80. Good combo too with the claret interior . I see you right up the road from Burlington. I think when i was a kid Burlington had like 11,00 people. Look at it today YIKES. My sister still lives in Hamilton. Dave:w:w:w

Wow, that's cool....maybe I'll see you around when you visit her. :upthumbs

:beerLes

Sure. I don't get up that way much, but if i do i'll try to look ya up. Sounds like cruz time to me. Dave :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom