Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got my garage :-)

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
Well it's about time. I recently moved earlier this year to an apartment complex with garage units available. Unfortunately the waiting list was a mile long so I had to rent a storage unit a few miles up the road. What a pain in the arse! My car was filthy for a long time because I couldn't work on it. The storage unit was the size of a shoebox!
But last week a unit opened up at my apartment complex:_rock It's $20 cheapier a month and it actually a pretty large one car unit. I now have the front wheels off and the inside panels behind the front tires are also removed for cleaning. Time to get the ZR back to showroom condition! I'm pretty excited:D

Jay

69MyWay said:
Nothing like having a garage to tinker.

Exactly! I used to love going out to the garage if I was bored and and either clean or just stare at the car:D
I was neglected of that privelage for about 8 months! Not any more:D

Jay

New Car

Must feel good! Glad everything is going well. I just bought an 02 convertible. Now I've got to wait 2 weeks before I get it home. Talk about feelings......!
Hope to see ya again soon.
Al Hagel

JT,

Congrats dude! I love my garage! :D

5garage1.jpg

Al, That's awesome!! Can't wait to see it!

Rob, your garage looks almost exactly like mine:D
HA! That speedster banner is the same one I have haning in my bedroom...my GF thinks I'm nuts:s

Jay

Yeah, you may have a garage now Jay, but do you still have to cover it to protect it from the cat? :L

_ken :w

Jay - Congrats on the garage! it must feel great to work on your car, or even just stare at it! Where i live, im gona be doing a whole lot of stareing during the winter periods (damn u winter, damn u!!!)

Al - Congrats on the new vette! I kinda know the feeling, on a extremly smaller scale. I orderd GTA Vice City for the ps2 and The best of Beavis and Butt-Head for DVD, and i couldnt wait! Now, if i multiply that feeling by 10,000, i should get waiting for a vette.

I spend more time in the garage than in the house, just added a broadband connection out there. Already had cable TV, now theres going to be a massive HO slot car setup going in there soon. I knew I should have bought a sofa bed instead of a regular sofa to go out there. At least I can finally get local news channels as I dropped it on the dish network , they never came in. My wife always has HGTV going in the house anyway. My home away from home :beer

A nice garage is a great thing to have. I just fixed-up mine the last few months. It is a 2 car detached unit and I wish it was larger, but I have done very well with what I have to work with. I paneled the walls and ceiling, added some real nice lighting (very important), and put the classic black and white tile on the floor. I have DirecTV dish receiver and TV, wired for speakers for the soon to be added surround sound and phone. Good heating and cooling is next.

Hey, Rob, that's a nice garage! Very roomy. A high roof. Is there a lift and/or crane of some sort in it? Anyways, I just wanted to compliment you on the garage. Oh...and nice Vette. ;) :D

TR

Not sure of the sizes available but "used oil" furnaces work well. Two I know of do anyway. Of course need a source for the oil.
Blowers on heaters can be noisey as are air compressors. Great if you can place them in a separate area. Some are sealed so no inside air is used for combustion. Dealer should be able to furnish noise ratings. If you have a question of installation or problems with equipment, manufactures are mostly a good place to start your info. hunt. Some dealers want you to buy there product whether they are familiar with them or not. They can usually talk well but intelligent?

Filling gas cans on pickups and filling hot lawn mowers and snow equjipment is bad-bab-bad. Please don't mess with nat gas and propane, improperly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom