Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally it's running on all of the sylinders

T

Tobben

It's taken a while, but finally it's running on all of the sylinder's. Part's don't come over night from the USA, and i use my workplace to fix my vette. Couple of hour's a week. I've changed the sparkplugs, distributer cap, rotor and air filter. Then i cleaned the tank from water and cleaned the injector's. Then i ordered some Bosch design 3 injector's. Changed them and fuel filter. That helped, but not enough. I checked the spark wire's, they were ok. But i ordered some Tayler 8mm spark wire's just for fun. Changed them and the spark plugs again to some unoriginal one's. Finally! It kick's like a bull when i hit the throttle :D
Actually, the only reason i changed the spark wire's were bacause the spark plugs were smoged. Either poor spark or wrong air/fuel ratio. The oxygen sensor were tested ok, so it had to been the wire's. Or perhaps the plug's were blown. The origin of my problem was water in the fuel tank, and leaking water pump :eyerole
Now i have to fix the water leak's inside the coupe. And lot's of other thing's as well. But i'll have it on the road by spring :thumb. It's just snow and rain now anyway.

Good News

Hey, thanks for posting the good news. Let us know how the remainder of the work goes.

Yes it's an LT-1
The optispark has a distributer cap and rotor, those i changed not the entire optispark :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom