Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally, the Dream car

S

Striker 85

I finally got my dream car. A numbers matching 69 Convert, Fathom Green/Green Int. with a matching 350/300hp. The Carb and Trans numbers match. The RPO Code sheet was not on the any of the rear box covers. Any Ideas on where else I may find/get them? The car is very orginal, Engine still has the paint on it....Front end needs to be tighened up and need new seat covers, but the price was great. I want to make sure I get everything right on it, so I want to find the RPO.

Also, any ideas where they liked to hide the build sheets in 68????

Most were glued to the top of the gas tank to the right of the filler neck.You can sometimes shine a flashlight down past the rubber gasket to see if it ts still there.

Sounds nice. Got any pics yet? :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

Pics

More to come. Its a project, but minor stuff like paint and interior...God its fast

Th best single source for documentation for your car would be paperwork provided by previous owners. A copy of the build sheet was glued to the top of the fuel tank as an aid to assembly line workers. After nearly 40 years, it may or may not be there. If it is there, what remains of it may or may not be legible. Copies of build sheets have been found tucked in the wiring harness behind the speedo/tach; tucked in the wiring harness behind the center cluster; behind either kick panel; tucked in the springs beneath a seat; and under the carpet in the rear storage area.

You should jot down the two stamped numbers you will find on the engine on the pad at the front of the right head. These will verify the original engine assembly date and a VIN sequence which should match the VIN on the driver's windshield post. Original paint and interior colors are on the trim tag (driver's door hinge post), along with the time/build date for your car.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom