Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fine59 2x4 283

jose

Corvette
onefine59
just a couple of pics updated for those interested:):)

Attachments

• PICT1689.jpg
    PICT1689.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT1682.jpg
    PICT1682.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 85
  • PICT1690.jpg
    PICT1690.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 80
  • PICT1691.jpg
    PICT1691.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 73
  • PICT1693.jpg
    PICT1693.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 75
  • engine 283.jpg
    engine 283.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 82
Nice!! What brand of rocker arm are you using? I have wondered if it was possible to get roller rockers and posi-locks under Corvette valve covers. Are there any clearance issues?

Tom

roller rockers

Hi
They are Comp Cam Pro magnum roller rockers , machined the base of the posi locks to remove 6mm and that gave me a clearance of 5mm to the standard rocker cover even without a gasket in place, slightly shorter pushrod to set my roller geometry correct and presto very happy with the outcome. Hope these can help others cos I could not get any info on this set up.:beer

Thanks.

I've been collecting parts to do an engine for the '59 but I want it to look original under the hood except for numbers. The original block is long gone.

Tom

283 2x4

I had purchased from the USA original power pack heads 5 in total , 2 that were stolen at Montana export and 1 that never arrived got a good pair at the end ( costly exercise) The block is correct casting with original bore I machined only once to 40th the pistons be careful cos my first set were TRW flat tops but only gave me 8.5 comp which if you cam up a bit will not work its OK for stock cam and 4 barrel carb.
When running 2x4 or fuel injection you need a small cam and 10.5 comp with the 62cc chambers.This meant I had to order from Keath Black high top pistons at $600 to do the job, they seem to be the only company that had them for 283. Rods are Scat same price as resizing old rods.
carbs cost me $2000 US needing rebuild 6 years ago then 2 years latter picked up another set locally in Australia for only $500 with manifolds shit happens hey.
Well good luck hope all works out for you.

Jose:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom