Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finished my car stereo upgrade!!!!!

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
So here's the system ( 1988 vert )

Kenwood KDC-X659 & matching exilon 10 disc CD changer ( $825.00 installed )

Rockford 225 mono block amp for subs
4 channel amp 125 per channel RMS not fake-o power for the 2 front sets of speakers

2)Kenwood 10" subs plastic cone in rear cargo compartment in custom box.
By removing the storage hatch lids and sealing. I increased the volume of the speaker enclousure by the area of the storage compartments to add to the volume of the enclousure. This give you that OUTRAGEOUS low end responce. ( X over @ 100 hz) The feel it..not hear it effect!

Kenwood Exilon 6 inch 2 way coax for doors, and yes.. I did a sub panel so the factory grilles were retained.
JBL4X6 for top of dash with X over (passive) so the top speakers are more like mids & tweets!

It SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!

*NO IGN NOISE....More than enough power even with top down @ 80MPH

And for the record, since I do audio professionally... this by FAR is the best car audio I have experienced... considering the Vette is not the BEST platform for speaker mounting... acoustics etc.

So Hats off to Danny @ SoundStations in Valencia!!

Vig!

M

maxm

Sounds nice. Wat wories me is that the aftermarket radio dont fit in the dach. The Bose looks nice in its place. I had a lokal "expert" that repared my rear amplifiers so im rather happy with the sound. The CD player does not work but i will get to that in the comming winter. And we have a long winter in sweden.
Max

Corvette
none right now :(
I had a double din (2 times the standard size radio) in my 93 that fit perfectly... just something to think about

M

maxm

Do not understand that...the standard radio is 19 cm and the opening in the dach is 17 cm across. So how can it fit
Max

E

Eagle85C4

Hey Vig!!!:upthumbs

Least you could do is show us a pic of what you have done...:w

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Pix Soon

Been Woikin my BUTT off!

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
I have a 94 with the stock Bose Gold AM/FM/Cass and it sounds OK for a stock system. If I wanted to install a new head unit and leave the speakers alone will this work? I hear that each speaker has it's own amp so would I need to adapt the RCA output of the deck into the factory harness back to the speakers? Or could I use the speaker level outputs?

I've done all the high power stuff in my younger days so I am not after that. I just want a CD player again ! I have not used a tape since 1988 when I installed my first indash cd player and have never looked back.

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Vig you have the exact same setup I do with the subs. I used 12" Kickers. And your right its more of a feel it experience than a volume one.

I really be interested in some pictures to compare with mine. I have some loose end Im not sure how to tie up.

Thanks

If you'd like I can photo mine as well. And you'll see the "Loose Ends" Lol

Grats buddy

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom