Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

first drive of 2011

terry82

Corvette
1982 red corvette
took the first drive of 2011 .took my 82 out for some new gas and to get the battery back up .i hope that this is a indicater of how its going to run this year.the car started right up with out a battery jump.the idle came down quickly[fuel injected]it ran out okay but did run a little better when i put new gas in it .a bus load of kids pulled up next to me .the kids got a big kick out it .future corvette owners. :cool!::happyanim:

took the first drive of 2011 .took my 82 out for some new gas and to get the battery back up .i hope that this is a indicater of how its going to run this year.the car started right up with out a battery jump.the idle came down quickly[fuel injected]it ran out okay but did run a little better when i put new gas in it .a bus load of kids pulled up next to me .the kids got a big kick out it .future corvette owners. :cool!::happyanim:

Good deal man... I'm just chompin' at the bit to go for an expidited ride!!

Ironic as I did the same thing today, took my 82 out for the 1st time since parking & covering it on XMAS day 2010 (we had a major snowstorm on the 26th!).
It was "warm" so to speak today so I uncovered & took it out to get gas, & drive it a bit as well.
No jump start needed here as well, & we've had some extremely bitter cold & quite a few below 0 days up here in the Northeast this winter.
That said, it fired right up & drove pretty good.
And I hit a milestone of sorts today.
The car hit the 69K mark. Yes, that's actual miles.
I ended up driving about 20 miles total today only to cover it up for the impending storm tomorrow.
69K.jpg

Geez,Mine still has a mountain of snow in front of it!!:ugh:ugh
I'm sure it will melt like in APRIL:mad:mad

I'm Jealous...

Still on jack stands waiting on a warm week-end to complete installation of a new VBP brake system.

No heat in the garage....YET :mad

Looks like rain/sleet here in Chicago all week-end, but mid 40's on Saturday.

Maybe a good time to install the brakes...

STW

Cheers :beer

I was thinking about taking the '81 for a warm up run too but I have been pushing snow up in front of the shop all winter. The driveway is dry but the pile still remains. I was on my way down to the VA hospital in Ft. Wayne on Thurs morning and met a Ferrari F430 Spyder on 37 by Harlan iN. We must not be the only ones with spring fever.

Tom

soon

here in il first drive very soon hit 50 today maybe after work thursday :beer

Check List:
Brakes complete :happyanim:
Lugs for wheels finally arrived from Centerline :happyanim:

Jack stands will be on the shelf this week-end come hell or high water....

All this just in time for rain this week-end :mad

Must be Global Warming or something...

I'm going Nucking Futs :bash

"Smoke" will hit the road one day soon.

Anyway, wrap your ass in fiberglass and always remember to Save the Wave.....STW

Check List:

All this just in time for rain this week-end :mad

Must be Global Warming or something...

I'm going Nucking Futs :bash

"

Anyway, wrap your ass in fiberglass and always remember to Save the Wave.....STW

were supposed to get a Freaking Foot of SNOW!!!!!!
TONIGHT!!!!! WHAT THE?????

:happyanim:FINALLY....

"SMOKE" is back on the road....Terrorizing the neighborhood, around the block a couple times and down to gas station. If the weather will cooperate today...I could be gone for awhile....

New this year:
Brakes work great (Thanks VBP)
BFG - T/As
Restored old rims (Western Superlites)
Picture 046.jpg

Man, I need to move back South so I can drive year round....The last 4 months have been hell

STW:beer

uncovered my 88 2 weeks ago just to let it "breathe" outside the garage and cover.....let her run for about an hour....couldn't resist...drove around the block....then back in the garage because sure enough our Buffal ospring srung a surprise 5 inches of spring snow on the area 3 days later been in the low 40's ever since...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:mad

Beautiful day started the '81 up!!!!:upthumbs
let it get up to temp to make sure everything is ok
and took her for a spin for 15 min.!!!!
ran like a top!!!
:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Bill. Its all a BAD dream.:L
Thank God!!!!!woke up Friday at 1 am to go to work expecting a foot of snow and NOTHING!!!!!!
didn't even start raining till 3am!!!!:cool!:
That I can handle!!!!!just a wet day instead!!!!!!:cool!:

Thank God!!!!!woke up Friday at 1 am to go to work expecting a foot of snow and NOTHING!!!!!!
didn't even start raining till 3am!!!!:cool!:
That I can handle!!!!!just a wet day instead!!!!!!:cool!:

Same thing here in CT. We were suppossed to get 4-10 inches, woke up to about 2 inches,was gone by early afternoon.

I'm glad you had a good time, but no so glad to hear about the upcoming snowstorm. :rotfl

:beer Les

And now, a message from your friendly CAC fellow member....

Can you imagine hitting the road to Effignham this June???

That's what is all about. Hitting the road. Surviving obstacles. Becoming one with the road, and then arrive at a place where everyone wants to talk about Corvettes!!!!:happyanim::chuckle:L;LOL

Get your rides ready and meet us at Cruise Fest 2011! You'll be glad you did, and you'll have a great time!

That is all!:w:w:beer:w

GerryLP:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom