Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Dyno/Tune 99 MN6 w/Bolt ons

tstar

Corvette
1999 Pewter Coupe
Just had a Dyno/Tune done, mods are basically the common bolt ons (see sig). We were really happy with the results... The Headers and X Pipe are the infamous "EBay Headers";
BeforeandAfterDynoSheet.jpg

For you SAE minded guys and gals...
SAEDynoSheet.jpg

Here's a vid of Brian Herter (PCMs for Less) trying to blow it up...
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/...Headers/Install/?action=view&current=dyno.flv

dyno tune

excellent numbers considering you only have full exhaust(headers,xpipe and cat backs) plus new air filter. I did read that the single most improvement you can make on a c5 ls1 is the full exhaust. did you put hi flow cats on it or not? I'm in the process of the same modifications on my 2000 a/4. Being a veteran in modifying cars to ridiculous proportions I will tell you just do the easy bolt on stuff and you will be alright. The more horsepower you add to your car the more unreliable it gets. I went crazy on a Mustang I once had and by the time I had a dyno sheet stating 1200 horsepower the car was almost unstreetable. It was fast as hell and nothing could stay with it up to 160 mph but it was an expensive lesson learned. I like your mods and your results. :beer

Congrats, edram454

Thanx! Yeah I put on Highflows from Performance-Curve, metallic cores for $55.00 a piece, the Headers and X Pipe were $400.00 shipped. ! had two goals cheap, and reliable. The Headers and X Pipe are SUS 321 Stainless and the Cats are stainless as well so I think I'm OK on the major components. I also went with a fully emissions compliation system so I'm "future" proofed in that respect as well...

Completesystem.jpg

I did alot of reearch on Headers prior to getting these and for my driving habits I felt that midlengths were better suited for me. And I'll tell ya, you are dead on about Mods and reliablilty/streetablilty... although I've never had a ride nearing your stang, I've given myself grief with a 77 I had. Built that motor up and put 4:11s in it and I couldn't keep the drivetrain together, so no more of that nonsense!

Thanx for your comments and kind words! :beer

Take care...

Tim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom