Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fluid capacity

froggy47

Corvette
Black 1996 LT4 Coupe/ 2004 Z06/Z16
I've looked thru all my manuals & can't find a power steering fluid capacity for 1996 lt4 Vette It's got a p/s cooler (standard).

Anyone know?

I don't think there is one. The dipstick shud be marked "cold" or "hot" & you fill accordingly.

Thanks Rabbit. There has to be a fluid capacity that GM published somewhere. The engine oil has a dipstick too, but it has a published capacity with & without oil filter.

froggy47 said:
Thanks Rabbit. There has to be a fluid capacity that GM published somewhere. The engine oil has a dipstick too, but it has a published capacity with & without oil filter.
Took a peek in the Helm's for my 95 & sure'nuff the capacity is listed in the power steering repair section.

For a 95, Capacity is (pump only) 1 pint or .5 liter.

Capacity for the complete system is 1 1/2 pints or .75 liter.

Wow, that's all? Thanks Rabbit. The one pint for the res. is exactly right as that's what I sucked out with my new turkey baster:)

The 1.5 for complete system seems low to me, does it to you? There's the res, the pump, the cooler & all the hoses?

Does the ps fluid circulate thru the steering rack? I am not really sure on that.

If it's really total 1.5 pints then remove/replenish of two qts should do a pretty good job.

froggy47 said:
Wow, that's all? Thanks Rabbit. The one pint for the res. is exactly right as that's what I sucked out with my new turkey baster:)

The 1.5 for complete system seems low to me, does it to you? There's the res, the pump, the cooler & all the hoses?

Does the ps fluid circulate thru the steering rack? I am not really sure on that.

If it's really total 1.5 pints then remove/replenish of two qts should do a pretty good job.

I really don't know. That's the only info I could find. Happy turkey basting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom