Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Follow along if you want

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
As most of you know, I am building a 54 Corvair Motorama Car replica. No I am not claiming it to be or to have any of the original Motorama parts on it. This car will have a V8 and Air in it. I want to be able to keep up with traffic and stay cool in it while driving it on a hot day. The plan is to have the car finished and drive it in the 2014 Caravan to the NCM with my good friend from Austria. He and some of his friends will be coming back to the USA for this event and others in 2014. Attached is a link with all the information so far as to where I bought the doner car and where it stands as of now. There is a Corvette guy from St. Louis Mo. who created this web site and I just send him the info on the progress and pic and he post it all for me. Thanks George for doing that. Because the car is 50 miles from me I go and work on it about 1 time a week. Brett Henderson (where the car is) has several other cars he is working on while helping on this project. This is a labor of love with Brett's time donated to the project. Again, I or we are not claiming that this car is or has any parts on it from the original Motorama car. Personally I do not think there is or are any of the original parts left form when GM distroyed the car back in the day. The only real thing out there are pic of the car. Nothing more. Here is the link to the Motorama Corvair (Corvette) project. ENJOY.
Mike Terry's 1954 Vette

Great to see that the project is moving along. :w
It was good to see you at Carlisle.

Roger

As most of you know, I am building a 54 Corvair Motorama Car replica. No I am not claiming it to be or to have any of the original Motorama parts on it. ................

Again, I or we are not claiming that this car is or has any parts on it from the original Motorama car. Personally I do not think there is or are any of the original parts left form when GM distroyed the car back in the day. The only real thing out there are pic of the car. Nothing more. Here is the link to the Motorama Corvair (Corvette) project. ENJOY.
Mike Terry's 1954 Vette
I took a look at your link, Mike. It looks like this will be a very interesting and well documented project. I'm looking forward to seeing your clone/replica project progressing. It should be an awesome example when finished. Thanks for sharing the link. :thumb

This is going to be a thread about your clone, correct? Or is it going to be a thread in which you post info about your project followed by thinly veiled accusations of dishonesty and misconduct by another Corvair owner? I'm just curious. I certainly hope the former is the case, not the latter. Because I truly believe the former would be a great thread, fun to follow along with, while the latter would only detract from your project.

Good Luck :rotfl
Ashley, for someone who keeps saying she's through posting, your posts keep turning up in the most unusual places and with a predictable amount of acrimony.

So I must ask, what is your intention here? If you have a genuine desire to participate in a meaningful and positive manner, by all means, carry on and enjoy the forums. But if your mission is of a darker nature, find a new playground.

It's been suggested to you that you have the option of reporting any post or statement you deem to be a personal attack, or you can utilize the ignore feature. Take my advice and choose one.

:wJane Ann
XLR8
Forums Administrator
Corvette Action Center

XLR8
I started this thread to let people know what we were doing so they could follow along with the build. When ever there is progress made on the car it will be posted on that web site. I will post on CAC that there is a new listing on that site so if anyone wants to follow along they are welcome to. If I get any bad post from people about the web site or what we are doing to the car I will stop posting information on CAC about the progress and just have it posted on the web site. I am NOT claiming this to be any thing but a replica car that we are building nor am I or are we trying to take anything away from anyone. We hope you who follow this post enjoy the progress of the car. :w

This will be a fun car to build, finally. I was able to acquire additional photos from GM's archives last month. It was worth the invitation to take a look. Follow along and watch the car unfold accurately.

This will be a fun car to build, finally. I was able to acquire additional photos from GM's archives last month. It was worth the invitation to take a look. Follow along and watch the car unfold accurately.

I am confused... but with all the barbs, hidden gottcha's I just thought it strange that the one of the builders says one thing and the owner says something different ;shrug
….. This car will have a V8 and Air in it. I want to be able to keep up with traffic and stay cool in it while driving it on a hot day. …..
I thought I read somewhere that the roofline on the replica being built will not accurately follow the "Original" height for more head room ;shrug

I have never seen one in person and some day I hope to see one of the "Replica's" out there...

I'm just say'n

Bud

Yes, I believe that the mold, (which I made), had too low of a roofline. The arch of the roofline was accurate. The A pillar height was not high enough though, which caused the overall roofline height to be lower than the original. I am making a new mold with a more accurate height that will more closely resemble the original.

You guys are reading way too much into these posts. :eyerole There's no drama to be had.

Everyone needs to just relax or delete this thread all together.

....... . . . .... You guys are reading way too much into these posts. :eyerole There's no drama to be had.

Everyone needs to just relax .... . . . . .. .....

Great advice... for everyone ;)

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Yoda the car will look original but will have some things that will make it more road worthy and comfortable to drive. Is that the information you are digging for?

Yoda the car will look original but will have some things that will make it more road worthy and comfortable to drive. Is that the information you are digging for?
I wasn't "Digging" for anything I just stated the facts ;)

Bud Dougherty

Because of the drama that this post is causing already, I will not be posting any follow ups about the build. If you want to know about it then you will need to check in on the web site on your own. Thank You Mike. If the Admin. want to pull the thread that is Ok also. What ever you want to do, but I will not post more about the project.

Because of the drama that this post is causing already, I will not be posting any follow ups about the build. If you want to know about it then you will need to check in on the web site on your own. Thank You Mike. If the Admin. want to pull the thread that is Ok also. What ever you want to do, but I will not post more about the project.

No-one is trying to chase you away, Mike. In fact, all of us are interested in your project and want to see the build... but none of us want to read the ongoing trash talk.

Is it unreasonable to ask you to leave off the spiteful remarks and focus on the fun?

-Mac

No-one is trying to chase you away, Mike. In fact, all of us are interested in your project and want to see the build... but none of us want to read the ongoing trash talk.

Is it unreasonable to ask you to leave off the spiteful remarks and focus on the fun?

-Mac
What spiteful remarks are you talking about? I posted NO SPITEFUL remarks. If so what were they? All I wanted to do was show CAC members this project as it is being built. It looks like to me that Yoda with the ;shrug and the;) is the one trashing this thread. I also did nothing more then state facts with out all the little yellow what ever you want to call them. Sorry Mac but I will not post about any progress on the car. Thank Yoda for that.

What spiteful remarks are you talking about? I posted NO SPITEFUL remarks. If so what were they?
Disingenuous tripe.

All I wanted to do was show CAC members this project as it is being built. It looks like to me that Yoda with the ;shrug and the;) is the one trashing this thread. I also did nothing more then state facts with out all the little yellow what ever you want to call them. Sorry Mac but I will not post about any progress on the car. Thank Yoda for that.
If you don't want to post about the progress of the build, that's your prerogative. Blaming it on Yoda is puerile but that's your prerogative too.

As I've said before, I've always felt the Motorama Corvair was the best looking of the Motorama cars. I was looking forward to watching the build. Oh well.

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom