Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FRC/Z06 trunk partition

Corvette
2002 electron blue Z06
Help With FRC/Z06 trunk Partition

I have seen several trunk partitions advertised and some postings about them. I am in the market for a good one. Does anyone have one that they like? Where did you get it and what did it cost?

Partition

The Z06 I just purchased has a real nice one installed. It is quite thick and fits in there simply by compression. It has a real nice Z06 embroidered emblem on it. I think the previous owner paid about $350 for it. Since it is compression fit, closing the trunk will slowly move the partition forward. I occasionally have to slide it back a bit.

Craig

Z06ADCT said:
The Z06 I just purchased has a real nice one installed. It is quite thick and fits in there simply by compression. It has a real nice Z06 embroidered emblem on it. I think the previous owner paid about $350 for it. Since it is compression fit, closing the trunk will slowly move the partition forward. I occasionally have to slide it back a bit.

Craig
Hi Craig, gorgeous car! :D
I agree with you on the partition moving over time. I found that by closing the trunk gently and then pushing the last inch or so by holding the palm of my hand over the emblem, that it didn't move as much. I later installed a couple pieces of velcro on the upper and lower edges and now it stays pretty much in place. I have Borla Stingers on the car and the partition makes a world of difference in toning down any resonance and makes the rear speakers much more viable now.

Does anyone have recommendations on what to buy or what not to buy?

DRTH VTR said:
Does anyone have recommendations on what to buy or what not to buy?
I bought one from Jim Vose, a fellow Corvette owner that made a good quality, low cost partition for himself and then went into business selling them. Mine was $110 including shipping. Check out his site: http://www.vettepartitions.com/index2.html

I bought one, the rug-covered one with emblem ($140). I will post about quality, fit, function, etc when it arrives.

DRTH VTR said:
I bought one, the rug-covered one with emblem ($140). I will post about quality, fit, function, etc when it arrives.
The force will be with you Darth Vetter! Ha! Be interested to hear what you think. The quality of build, use of materials and the fit of mine is excellent. A dear friend of mine in Florida bought one at the same time and he, too, is most pleased. You will find that the color match is real good for a non OEM carpet but not exact. Overall, I think you'll find the partition to be a real asset. ;)

VTR = Vetter! DOH!!! I never caught that before.

Jim, be sure to take a pic or two for us if you can.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
VTR = Vetter! DOH!!! I never caught that before.

Jim, be sure to take a pic or two for us if you can.

Tammy
I used to have a black '97 A4. I thought that it looked like Darth Vader's helmet. The Dart Vader plate was too obvious, and not funny, so I modified it to Darth Vetter. I currently have an electron blue 2002 Z06. I wanted BLUZ, but it was taken. I ended up getting SACR BLU (sacre bleu). I am surprised at how few people know the meaning of sacre bleu. Perhaps they did not watch enough Pepe Le Peu cartoons.

I will post pictures when I get the partition in about 7-10 days.

Jim

I placed an order, without emblem.:( As I have only a FRC not Z06!:mad

Don't get why he does not offer them with C5 emblems, and on both sides? :upthumbs I also went with the 3/4 board? Even though he says it is not the best option?

We shall see how it works out?

Mine is in Boise as of 5:30AM this morning. It is due to be delivered today by UPS. I will post pictures and an assessment of quality and fit.

DocAcumen said:

Don't get why he does not offer them with C5 emblems, and on both sides? :upthumbs I also went with the 3/4 board? Even though he says it is not the best option?

My Ecklers partition is about 2 inches thick and is quite sturdy. Please report back in this thread as to how the 3/4-inch fits and stands up. I am wondering if it being that thin if it will sag especially as the temperature changes. I have the Z06 facing forward and no emblem on the back. The back side of mine is not black like the front, but grey. Although the front side pretty well matches the car's carpet, the back side truly does not. It would have been nice if the backside matched. I also agree and wonder why there is not an emblem on the back side. That would be a wonderful accent to the trunk area.

Craig

Z_OH_6 said:
I bought one from Jim Vose, a fellow Corvette owner that made a good quality, low cost partition for himself and then went into business selling them. Mine was $110 including shipping. Check out his site: http://www.vettepartitions.com/index2.html
I just put mine in and I am pretty happy with it. It seems sturdy enough and fits well. It is just held in with friction, but it has some velcro fasteners. I don't even know whether I will need to use them. The carpet is not an exact match, but it is plenty close enough for my needs. I noticed a substantial improvement in noise levels on worn concrete. I will break out the camera this weekend and post pictures.

DocAcumen said:

Guys, I am the vettepartition guy(www.vettepartitions.com)....Noticed your thread and wanted everyone to know thatr I can put any emblem you want on the partition, front, back, or both. Hell, I will even put my picture on it if that is what you want. Just wanted to let everyone know. Hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but the tempation to respond was to great!!!

See ya,

Jim

jevose said:
Guys, I am the vettepartition guy(www.vettepartitions.com)....Noticed your thread and wanted everyone to know thatr I can put any emblem you want on the partition, front, back, or both. Hell, I will even put my picture on it if that is what you want. Just wanted to let everyone know. Hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but the tempation to respond was to great!!!

See ya,

Jim
You'll put your picture on it?? NOW you tell me!! Can I send mine back for that little mod? LOL! Jim, your product, especially for the price I paid for it, is outstanding! Glad you checked in. :beer

jevose said:

See ya,

Jim
Hey, Jim- welcome to the CAC! :)

No forum rules-breaking, but since you're getting some business thrown your way, would you like some information on becoming a sponsoring vendor?

:w
-Patrick

partition pictures

I said that I would post some pictures, so here they are. The difference between stock color and aftermarket color seems exagerated in these pictures. The difference can be seen, but it is pretty close. My friend did not see it until I mentioned it. I am happy with the partition. It is solid, fits well, is covered neatly, has some velcro attachments (that I did not need to use), and decreases sound form the rear. I even like the sound of the stereo better. The pictures did not come over as well as I had hoped. I used a flash and they are still too dark.

CORed91 said:
Hey, Jim- welcome to the CAC! :)

No forum rules-breaking, but since you're getting some business thrown your way, would you like some information on becoming a sponsoring vendor?

:w
-Patrick
Patrick...Thanks, yes..send it to me (jevose@bellsouth.net)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom