Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front end mod. Save bump guards and 3 piece splash guard

J

JakesVette24

Has anyone put (roller blade type bearing wheels) inside the square bumper guards.
Die grind out a part of the bumper that a 3 1/2" or 4" sleeved H.D. solid rubber wheel would fit in. Put it in with sex bolts, right where you would scar the bumpers if you when up a steep drive way or parking lot concrete stop. Mounted correctly a driveway that would have to be driven into nearly sideways, you can slowly let the wheels you just put in take the scrape away until your tires are back down. A little re-enforcement of the square tube bumper suggested.
Also a piano type hinge mounted splash guard flexes when coming out or in a driveway. No way to hold the pieces together and not have them break especially backing out and scraping. Let it flex on hinges, and stop replacing the cheap push in plastic holders.
Again just a FYI/.

Sketch available?

Hi JakesVette24,
Do you have a sketch you can email me as attachment?. I have already done those scrapess thousand times and the pain runs through my spine all the time it does. I also bumped the bumper cover into a parking lot step up sidewalk and to my luck it didn't have any concrete stoppers, so I bumped the tip of the soft bumber into it and of course it crazed/cracked the paint. I thought that paint had an additive that would prevent chipping off, but it didn't. It probably going to cost me a couple of hundred dollars to have the front facia bumber cover repainted, so if I do, I want to put some type of rubber guard if there is something in the market or an invention. Your idea appears interesting in protecting the mini spoiler/splash blade unter the bumper. Great idea!
Thanks, and again if you have even a hand-drawn sketch you can email, it would be a lot easier to visualize your idea and installation.
Luis

Has anyone put (roller blade type bearing wheels) inside the square bumper guards.
Die grind out a part of the bumper that a 3 1/2" or 4" sleeved H.D. solid rubber wheel would fit in. Put it in with sex bolts, right where you would scar the bumpers if you when up a steep drive way or parking lot concrete stop. Mounted correctly a driveway that would have to be driven into nearly sideways, you can slowly let the wheels you just put in take the scrape away until your tires are back down. A little re-enforcement of the square tube bumper suggested.
Also a piano type hinge mounted splash guard flexes when coming out or in a driveway. No way to hold the pieces together and not have them break especially backing out and scraping. Let it flex on hinges, and stop replacing the cheap push in plastic holders.
Again just a FYI/.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom