Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel capacity update

D

Drewser

I almost screwed the pooch the other day. I knew I needed gas but knew I could get to the station in time. Barely. On the exit ramp off the highway (luckilly it leads to a gas station) I felt that familure slack in the pedel and the bahahahhhhh sound of a starving engine. I shook the wheel a few times and limped it to the pumps. She took exactly 20.015 gallons (and was still running!) According to the reserve gauge she must get somewhere around 17 mpg. Just though you would want to know.
--Drew:w

One of these days you guys are going to learn not to run them so low on fuel. You do know the fuel pump gets excessively warm if it is not submerged in the fuel don't you? If you run 'em low on fuel, all kinds of headaches could develop for you in the future.

JMHO

_ken

I know, I know

Believe me, it is NOT intentional. I knew when I climbed into the car that I needed gas, but I was late for a tee time (they don't wait and have no sence of humor). I just plain forgot when I was done and remembered when I saw 8 miles on reserve. Admittedly, not the smartest thing I've ever done. :SLAP I'll try to be more careful nextime Dad.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom