Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel gage

vette.vato

Corvette
2004 coup/commemorative edition
Whenever I fill up, the gas gage goes to empty, it takes a while before it registers, will it hurt to drive it that way, and how can I fix the problem?

Run a bottle or two of Techron through the fuel system and you shpuld be good to go. You probably have deposits built up on you sending unit, a VERY common problem.

Run a bottle or two of Techron through the fuel system and you shpuld be good to go. You probably have deposits built up on you sending unit, a VERY common problem.
Thanks, I'll try that, will Lucas work as well?

Thanks, I'll try that, will Lucas work as well?

No, use Gumout's Fuel System Cleaner (it doesn't matter which one). It's cheaper than Techron and works faster and more consistent. Use a bottle in every tank until your gauge starts working and then use a bottle every 3-4 tanks. There's probably a thousand threads on this very subject.

i use the sea foam

i recently used the seafoam with a tank and i have noticed this: my engine idles smooth. the needle does not flucuate or bumps up and down. it stays level at the 500 RPM with a tank. i am at the opposite. i fill up and the gauge goes to the full mark, but then it takes a while for the bars on the gauge to go down. i filled up today(242 miles) were registered on the trip odometer and that was at a half a tank. i do not know if these additives can create better gas mileage, but it was all highway driving. what i am really afraid of is the fuel sending unit has gone out. i hope this is not the case.

Well Devil Dog and fellow grunt, I've given you a solution within this thread. I know you can follow directions so quit guessing and get'er done. :D

AJ
0311 - 3rd BATT, 1st MARDIV

Lima charlie aj!!

AJ:
I served from 88 until 90 when i "Earned" so to speak a place on the Retired List. I lost part of my right foot in a combat rubber raiding craft. I am a Vette fanatic. A "REAL MARINE" drives a vette! thanks for the technical information. i served with Bravo Company 1stBn 1st Marines, 1st Mar Div. Semper Fi!
Bruce:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom