Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel in the engine

maxrevs85

Corvette
!985 ,blue coupe, 4+3 Z51
My car has been up for the winter for about 1 month . Today Iwas going to out put fresh oil in it and run for a couple of minutes . And then drain it to flush out any fuel from a fuel rich problem I had previouly. I posted this in my 85 engine project.
Ok before I did this I opened the drain on the oil pan to make sure there was no more oil in it. (Previously drained). When I pulled the bolt out , about 3Qts of raw fuel poored out. Now, the car has been sitting. How could the fuel siphon out of the tank and where is entering the engine.Bad diaphram in the regulater or an open injector . I do suspect a injector being stuck open contirbuting to my fuel in the oil prob . Can it siphon thru an injector or a leaking regulator?;help
I'm going out right now to start disassembly.

Interesting, but I haven't a clue Dave. Good luck! :confused

_ken :w

Ok ,let me help you. I found a fuel lake ,#1 runner .....injector I'd say........and i do mean LAKE! :eek

Dave, even if the injector was stuck wide open, how could it dump approximately three quarts of gasoline into the engine? If anything, I'd think it would leak until the pressure bled off the system, then stop. :confused

_ken :w

How much higher is any part of the gas tank in relation to the injector? And how much gas is in the tank?

It WAS 3/4 full . The tank appears to be higher than the injector. After I took the plentum , runners and fuel rail off it was still flowing out of the lines before I pluged them. This happened to me when I had the engine out earlier this year . I didnt figure it could flow thru the fuel pump when it was off . I dont know if there is other problems or not or if this is normal.Then there is the vent line to the charcoal canister, maybe that has somthing to do with.

I had a few quarts of fuel in my old LT1 when my fuel pressure regulator went bad... a part that is overlooked, since they are practically perfect, but you never know... mine broke through and started leaking into the vac. system... pull off the vac line on yours just to see if any fuel comes out... it may be a quick and easy fix

The reg was fine....:( I pretty sure it was an injector stuck open. There was a lot of fuel in the #1 runner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom