Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel injectors 24# or

silver 80

Corvette
1980 silver with blk interior 1987 blue / blue
Does anyone know what # fuel injectors I should use.
It's a ZZ4 with a stock tpi set up.
Thanks
tom

Does anyone know what # fuel injectors I should use.
It's a ZZ4 with a stock tpi set up.
Thanks
tom

I'm running 24lbs injectors on my lightly modified L82. They should work well for your application.

FYI- the 24lbs were found on LT1s and LT4s (300-330hp) motors.

Do you have a chip yet? I had a custom chip burnt for my set up. I'd be happy to give you his name and email.

L82back.jpg

zz4 will love 24 lb injectors, especially on cold start...22 lb squirters will actually make a tiny bit more power at w.o.t up to 4300 rpm (tpi intake is too restrictive to make torque above that rpm, altho it will rev higher -- eventually) ... after the ecm has 'learned' the o2 output of either size injector there will be no diff when running in 'closed' loop during 'normal' driving conditions.. tpi intake runners/manifold are not matched to the zzzzzz -- put an lt1 intake, etc (even a good carb) on in place of the tpi to realize the potential of the zz4.

please send info for the chip burner. I would also like to tap into some of your knowledge.:beer

I had a carb on it, it was great, but I want fuel injection, I do have a spare LT1 intake sitting in my garage and a complete TPI set up. I went with the complete set up so I don't have to buy any more parts. I actually have an engine from an 88 vette and just starting to swap parts over.

Thnks for the info:)
tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom