Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Line Hose

Blue89

Corvette
1989 Red Drop Top
Took the sending unit out of my '89 and cleaned it up to try to get the fuel gauge working, when putting it back together, I noticed that the top hose (fuel feed line) is cracked and leaking. There is not enough hose to cut off and re-attach. Looking at it top side, all I see is rubber hose, looking at it bottom side all I see is the metal line. Anyone know where these meet (obviously in the middle of the tank somewhere) and/or know the easiest way to get to the area to replace the hose?? Thanks in advance, Bob

If you pull your spare tire and carrier out of the car you can see right up around the tank. The line run down the tank to the frame rails.

Thanks! Pulled the spare tire, looked up and all I seen was the metal line, no room to get to the connection!! I'm thinking of removing the right rear tire and fender molding, what do you think??

I don't think it will do you any good. I got my way up in the air an jack stands ready to pull my tranny and all those lines are inside. If you pull the gas lid and rubber to expose the fuil tank and assembly can't you see where they go.

Have you also tried removing the license plate to try to get in that way?

Good point but if memory serves me right the lines run to the right of the fuel assembly and down the right side of the tank.

a word of caution be sure to use "Fuel injection" spec fuel line and clamps.
There is usually a short legnth of rubber line between the Pump and the hard lines running to the front, you may have to drop the tank to replace it.
Don't know for sure on a C4, but if your tank is almost empty its not a bad job on a C3.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom