Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Pressure Regulator question

S

secondchance

I understand that disconnecting and plugging the FPRegulator increases the pressure by 4-5 psi. Is there any benefit to doing this? Any harmful effect, say to fuel injector spring, due to higher psi?

I can't answer on behalf of a ZR1 owner, but assuming things are similar to LT1/4 cars I can tell you that the computer wants a balanced engine. If you increase your fuel pressure too much, it will compensate by shortening the pulse of the injectors... this leads to a bad spray, and less HP. The only way to increase fuel pressure is by testing the air/fuel ratio. PSI of the system really means nothing.

Hmmm, Makes sense. Only thing is ECM could compensate within the parameter. Sometimes, certain things you do, although ECM tries to compensate, could be achieved.

I feel like half the time the ECM is my friend, and the other half I am at war with it! LOL... I have just seen too many people put adjustable fuel pressure regulators on LT1/4 cars and lose power... they will just crank it up a few PSI, using a fuel pressure gauge instead of using air/fuel ratio... these guys are usually really confused as to why they lost power.:crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom