Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Pressure Regulator

PLRX

:D I know this one has been around here...I looked in the search engine and I read some angry comments and this is what I need.

Need to know the correct fuel pressure for a 95 CORVETTE automatic using an adjustable pressure regulator. Please specify if the vacumm line should be off or on.

This is sort of a difficult question. I know you don't want to hear this but here goes anyway. Each car will respond differently to various fuel pressures, even two cars with the same mods, ect. may have a different optimal pressure setting. What you have to do is test each setting. Use something like 1/4 mile times or 0-60 times. Start out at what ever your factory pressure was and make a run. Now you have a baseline. Go up 2 lbs and make another run if it improves go up 2 more lbs ect. At some point your times will start falling off just a bit. When you get there back off a pound or two.

The stock pressure for my car was 44 lbs after many tests (I used a G-Tech) I found my car likes 50 lbs. For my tests I left the vaccuum line connected as that is the way it will normally be operating.

TPIS suggests that the pressure for LT-1 cars is set too high from the factory. They say that a LT-1 will run better at 39 lbs. Of course there again you fall into the same scenario ... each car likes things a little different.

:w

PLRX787 said:
Thanks Heartbeat!!

NP :upthumbs

Warm up to operating temp and do two maybe three runs. Try and be as consistant as possible. What you are tuning is WOT ... the computer doesn't have as much control over the engine.

:pat

PLRX787 said:
Please specify if the vacuum line should be off or on.
Off. UR setting a maximum value, reduced by vacuum. :w

WhalePirot said:
Off. UR setting a maximum value, reduced by vacuum. :w

I guess I forgot that part. Yes the vacuum will reduce the pressure setting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom