Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

** Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure

95ZR1#418

Corvette
95ZR1#418, 88Z51Coupe, 69L46Coupe
Hi All:

I'm pulling the plenum for injector reconditioning, hope to eliminate the backfires & fix a bad vacuum leak which is under the plenum while I'm there.

I started the car yesterday & let it run for 1/2 an hour. About 25-26 hours later I was going through the fuel pressure relief procedure to find absolutley no pressure at all, no pressure removing the gas tank cap either. Is that normal? I thought I should have pressure at least up to a couple days after running it. Thanks.

That is normal.

Fuel pressure should hold or drop off very, very slowly over an hour or so. But a day? It should go to zero.

Thanks Hib-

After the plenum pull, injector servicing, top end porting, and all the associated extra's I feel fully initiated into the plenum pulling club- good to be over with it. With all the experience I had with cars in the mid 60's you guys actually had me thinking this was over my head- hardly, you just got to do it, not think about it. Of course, it helps not to be a complete imbecile. :m :drink

You have found what I and other have found...that the difficulty of plenum removal is way over-subscribed. The first time I did it, I set aside half-a-day for learning. Now I can do it in 40 min or so.

I think the job is more visually daunting than it really is.

Hib Halverson said:
You have found what I and other have found...that the difficulty of plenum removal is way over-subscribed. The first time I did it, I set aside half-a-day for learning. Now I can do it in 40 min or so.

I think the job is more visually daunting than it really is.
Totally agree. Did my second pull last weekend. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom