Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel tank sender removal

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
OK, what's the secret to removing this booger? I have the LICS removal tool but something just doesn't look correct. Of course, I left the shop manual with the roadster 'downa shore:eyerole

No secret

you could actually just tap it out with a screw driver

Might want to just give a light tap to each of the tabs to try and loosen it and then just try the too again.

All of the tools I have seen dont really allow you to push down a little then spin as when you push on the too it bends

Give a couple of light taps then try to spin it out

Thanks guys.

don't have to worry about VNV showin' up at my place. I'm sure he's out driving his Red French Whore. Remember Mark, ride her hard and put her away wet.:m Or is that French Red Whore? Whore Red French?

No secret

you could actually just tap it out with a screw driver

Might want to just give a light tap to each of the tabs to try and loosen it and then just try the too again.

All of the tools I have seen dont really allow you to push down a little then spin as when you push on the too it bends

Give a couple of light taps then try to spin it out

Way to go, Larry. All done :w

Thanks guys.

don't have to worry about VNV showin' up at my place. I'm sure he's out driving his Red French Whore. Remember Mark, ride her hard and put her away wet.:m Or is that French Red Whore? Whore Red French?

Yeah.. I was out riden her hard...Stopped by Bruces house...(blue62Vette).. had some pizza and cookies.

Were you down at the OC Mansion..??

Nah, didn't get to OC this weekend. Must have been gorgeous. Saturday, Hopewell was spectacular, Martini's on the deck.

The coupe is up here and I redid the clutch install (new throw-out bearing just in case), CAREFULLY redid the trans linkage and was going to put it on the road Sunday but since I had it up on the lift anyway, I decided to swap out the gas gauge sender and pull the passenger's side rear bumper because it never was aligned correctly.

It was hit in the rear and Bubba used the bent bumper mounts plus LOTS of washers to get things to align somewhat OK. I installed new brackets and, of course, the 'glass cracked because they redid the body work to match the bent bumper mounts. Everything should line up OK now and I have lots of time to repair/shoot the glass.

I'll post the results of the tripower rebuild when I can find the Project SUCK thread.

Nah, didn't get to OC this weekend. Must have been gorgeous. Saturday, Hopewell was spectacular, Martini's on the deck.

The coupe is up here and I redid the clutch install (new throw-out bearing just in case), CAREFULLY redid the trans linkage and was going to put it on the road Sunday but since I had it up on the lift anyway, I decided to swap out the gas gauge sender and pull the passenger's side rear bumper because it never was aligned correctly.

It was hit in the rear and Bubba used the bent bumper mounts plus LOTS of washers to get things to align somewhat OK. I installed new brackets and, of course, the 'glass cracked because they redid the body work to match the bent bumper mounts. Everything should line up OK now and I have lots of time to repair/shoot the glass.

I'll post the results of the tripower rebuild when I can find the Project SUCK thread.

lurk5.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom