Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel

C

Chris

I am a new corvette owner I am 57 and bought my first corvette it is a 1974 L48 coup that was almost totally taken apart and set out side for the last 6 years. Well I am a glutten for punishment and the price was wright so I halled it home.I have been working on this car sence just before chrismas and I have a lot of it back together and the engine running and I even drove it out of my garage and up and down the alley behine my house.There is still a lot of work to be done but I am not trying to make it a show car I plane on driving it around town this summer and haveing fun with it.I do have one question thou I am a little confussed about the fuel to used in this car it seems to be wright about the time thing were being swichted over to nolead will I need to add somthing to the fuel when I use nolead. The engine is the correct 350 with no converter. Anything anyone can tell me about this car would be helpfull. Im new at this stuff ( vin 1Z37J4S437417 )
Chris

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
Your car doesn't have any special fuel requirements so whatever it runs best on will be fine.
Mike

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the Forum and the Corvette World. I run 93 Octane but in my boat I do add "Relead" to the gas as those motor's are pre lead free. Valves are suppose to last longer...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom