Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuelie Heads

• Thread starter Thread starter Jacko
  • Start date Start date
J

Jacko

I have a set of "fuelie" heads, Part # 8917291 Original hi-perf or “fuelie” heads; chamber sizes are 62-64cc; 2.02/1.60 valve. These heads have a fresh valve job, they have been milled flat (.015 taken off to clean up) and they have screw-in studs. Also the valve guides are in great condition.
What are these heads worth to a collector? Any idea?

Those heads were used on very late '67 (from mid-March '67 on) and all '68 327's; in '67 they had the temp sender boss only (not drilled and tapped), and in '68 the sender hole was drilled and tapped. Nice performance heads, but only correct for late 67's and 68's. :)

:beer

Hey John Z, I was thinking the same - they sound like the ones I have. Aren't the fuelie heads w/2.02's Aluminum with angled plugs, and the steel ones had 1.94's? I could be mis-informed though.
Craig

No production small-block ever had angled plugs - those heads were only available as over-the-counter parts. Many different casting number heads were available machined for both valve sizes with the same casting number - only the machining was different. Most factory 2.02 heads had an additional cut machined in the side of the chamber to unshroud the larger intake valve; if 1.94 heads are re-done for 2.02 valves and that unshrouding cut isn't done, they'll flow less air than they did with the original 1.94 valves.

:beer

So what does one figure they are worth in cubic dollars?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom