Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Future Urban Legends At Carlisle.

Sting Ray

Corvette
1967 Red Convertible
First Future urban legend: " The guy who bought a '67 and turned out to be a '72"

Mike Winer bought a '72 Yellow convertible to match his '67 Yellow 'vert which needed a hood release cable, so he is driving the 72 through the vendors looking for one, he stops at one vendor and asks " Got a hood cable for a '67" the vendor replys no, not seeing me I say " Hey buddy thats not a '67 thats a '72" Mike says in true Deadpan " The guy I just bought this from told me it was a '67" and pulled away with alot of people talking about it. Some even came up to him later and asked if he needed help looking for '67's.

Urban Legend #2

Mike Kirshner and I are in the Celebrity pick parade coming down the hill by the '63 to '67 Registry tent, and we are coasting down the hill, a couple of guys who look like they came from the Import/Tuner show walk by and mention how quite my car is, I told them it was a Electric hybrid motor, we can hear them discussing it as they walk away, why all the people in our tent were laughing away.

A not so funny thing that happen or maybee it is, I was looking the whole show for an NOS pair of sidepipes, found a pair at Proteam for a grand, but didn't buy them right then because I had no way to get them home (drove the car) Midyear says have them ship them and I said why not, go back the price is now $2500, I said they were only $1K earlier and the guy replys "no for the pair" and I said they were for the pair earlier too" and walked away.

Had a great time weather notwithstanding, it was great meeting you all, and seeing everyone again.

Tom M

All in all, my all-time favorite Carlisle ever. So many people my wife Terri and I met and so many of those people to whom we'd like to say "Thanks."

There were so many guys there named Dennis, it got to be almost funny to yell "Dennis!" and watch about 6 guys get whiplash whipping their heads around.
To Cindy and Dennis, the nice folks who helped keep us 63-67 Registry folks straight..thanks for putting in the time. It was appreciated.
To Sting Ray (who looks and probably is too young to have a midyear) and to Midyear and his Dad and their crew, thanks for finding us the starburst replacement for the one we lost driving up there.
To 67Heaven, thanks for hauling down the trailing arms and the master cylinder and selling them to me...they will be put to good use!
Terri sends a special thanks (and I do, too of course) to Midyear and his guys for tightening the a/c belt and the alt belt...she had a/c all the way home! And thanks for the ohmmeter reading to diagnose the bad switch/relay for the high speed fan motor problem.
So many of y'all (actually, all y'all) were so good to meet in person and so well behaved, I almost couldn't believe we were the midyear crowd!
Subfixer and his lovely lady, BarryK and his lovely lady (I still don't know how you turned down her offer to stay, Barry). My old friend Dennis (which one, which one?) that I first met at the Bloomington Silver Salute in 1992 and to whom I say thanks for making the entire trip a write off when we discussed insurance;) .
To the guys we sat with on Friday and Sat morning from Ontario and the couple from Chesapeake City That bought the hardtop for their car,
to Rick and his 63...all you guys were great to be around!

Things I didn't like about Carlisle.

Linda taking that pic of me in my "beret" and then Barry posting it....no fair, guys!
Missing out on meeting JohnZ. Missing out on meeting VNV...but I remember seeing your car. I wanted to meet VNV and say, "Welcome home, Bro."
Finding out that EVERY midyear seems to have a leak in the rain. Terri had a good time stuffing paper towels in all the leaks as we drove out Saturday afternoon.
That I wasn't the one taking that black L89 home. Yes, Barry, I am crazy about Heaven's car but that black L89 just made me grin every time I saw it.
Dennis (which one, which one?) that is one sweet, sweet ride.

Things that were too cool...kinda.

67Heaven and his bud Doug showing us the "back way" from the hotel and then on Sunday morning Terri and I pulled a 360º on that 90º left turn. That helped Terri's floorboards get even more damp..;) . New tires are on the way.
Yep, all in all, my all time favorite (and Terri's, too) Carlisle ever.
Damn....what's the date for next year's C@C??

P.S. If I missed anyone....just thanks for making the whole deal a real sweet deal!

I believe that when Urban Legends are discussed, someone will bring up the following story, as they're all gathered around the cooler:

"Man... I heard about this one dude... my father's bestfriend's cousin knew him... who, on the first day of Carlisle '05, didn't want to drag all his stuff down to the field. He was in such a rush to sneak his Lexus down to the parking section, that he accidently left his wife up at the top of the hill. They never saw her again. Rumor says that her spirit still haunts the fairgrounds, and on misty mornings, she can be seen walking down that long, long road to the MidYear section."

The crowd of C2 owners ooh and aahh.

He replies, "Dude, I swear to God its a true story."

Another pipes up, "Aww, c'mon... I heard the same story, only that it happened during Bike Week, and it wasn't a Lexus, it was a Mustang!"

;)

ZRGator said:
BarryK and his lovely lady (I still don't know how you turned down her offer to stay, Barry).
Like THAT offer will happen again soon... sure.

ZRGator said:

Linda taking that pic of me in my "beret" and then Barry posting it....no fair, guys!

I personally think that it looks rather manly on you. Not many men can carry off that triangular look. :)

ZRGator said:
Damn....what's the date for next year's C@C??
The daily tv commercials over by the food court said that next year's show is August 25 to the 27.

Also, your wife Terri is wonderful! Send her my best!!!

Linda

LindaK said:
I believe that when Urban Legends are discussed, someone will bring up the following story, as they're all gathered around the cooler:

"Man... I heard about this one dude... my father's bestfriend's cousin knew him... who, on the first day of Carlisle '05, didn't want to drag all his stuff down to the field. He was in such a rush to sneak his Lexus down to the parking section, that he accidently left his wife up at the top of the hill. They never saw her again. Rumor says that her spirit still haunts the fairgrounds, and on misty mornings, she can be seen walking down that long, long road to the MidYear section."

The crowd of C2 owners ooh and aahh.

He replies, "Dude, I swear to God its a true story."

Another pipes up, "Aww, c'mon... I heard the same story, only that it happened during Bike Week, and it wasn't a Lexus, it was a Mustang!"

;)

when 2 of the 3 parties involved hear the 3rd party mention that she will climb in the back and than we hear the door open and than close again it is assumed that the 3rd party is in the car. If the 3rd party doesn't know that she is suppose to climb INSIDE the car between opening than shutting the door than the first two parties involved are not responsible, especially when we are in a rush.........
:eyerole

BarryK said:
when 2 of the 3 parties involved hear the 3rd party mention that she will climb in the back and than we hear the door open and than close again it is assumed that the 3rd party is in the car. If the 3rd party doesn't know that she is suppose to climb INSIDE the car between opening than shutting the door than the first two parties involved are not responsible, especially when we are in a rush.........

Man, some people can dish it out but they sure can't take it.
;LOL

don't need to dish out or take anything............ sweetie.............. we both know there was a witness to back me up........... :D

ZRGator said:

That I wasn't the one taking that black L89 home. Yes, Barry, I am crazy about Heaven's car but that black L89 just made me grin every time I saw it.
Dennis (which one, which one?) that is one sweet, sweet ride.

Dennis,

We can change that!!

Dennis

Dennis (ZRGator)

I loved Dennis's (midyear's) black L89!
The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was parked next to me.
I managed to end up being parked Fri and Sat between his black L89 and Mark's new 502 conversion meaning Baby ended up being the neglected middle child that nobody saw. But hey, if my car had to be overshadowed by neighboring cars I can't think of nicer cars or nicer people to do it to me and Baby :)
Than on Sun you come and park next to me so again I'm overshadowed by your '67 BB air car! Geez, why can't somebody have parked a POS beat-up car next to mine - you know, like a wrecked Honda or Ford Pinto. Than Baby might have gotten a little more attention at least........... ;LOL
oh well, guess I should be glad at least that Bob didn't park Heaven next to any of us or we all would have had "invisible" cars :D

Dennis,

It really is a fun car to drive, I got the keys right after it came off the truck :D We went for a little cruise and found Larry's(IH2LOSE) car in the hotel and left him a note, just too bad we didn't hit the interstate.

Tom M
midyear said:
Dennis,

We can change that!!

Dennis

BarryK said:

Ahhhhhhh...the 2nd party might not want to get involved due to the possability of Divorce Proceedings.............:D

always knew you were a smart man Mark............. than again, it's just an urban legend, right? :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom