Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Mat

P

pf1130

First of all wanted to thank all you for your tremendous amount of help and the great friendly nature you bring to this forum. I am really impressed by it. I have visited and posted on many forums and have never found one with so many helpful and friendly ppl, you guys are great. Now, since i've come to the realization that my leaks with this car will never completely cease, i wanted to get a mat for my garage cause i have tile on the floor and grease, oil and other fluids + tile = one hell of a fall, its slick as hell. I've patched up and taken care of most of the leaks but i know a lil leaking here and there is normal for these cars and should be expected? Anything you guys recommend? Any stores that carry these etc. thanks Want something just to absorbe the fluids, keep the floor tidy, and save my neck.

First off, I wanted to let you know I moved your post to the "Shrines" forum to better suit it. ;)

Regarding whether the Shark's leaks are common or not, well... I'll leave that to the experts. :CAC

As for the methods for containment; there are several ways to approach the issue, one is to find a suitably-sized shallow pan in which you would collect the oil, then dispose of at a later time. Many auto parts stores, and just about every auto parts online source, will have these but then so will your local hardware store (i.e., Home Depot, Orchard, etc.) probably. Shop around for the cheapest.

Another method would be to find a source for the oil absorbent mat to lay under the origin of the drip to collect the oil. These can be found at places like The Mat King or Dawg. Once again, shop around. ;)

For your work area where you will be on your feet a lot, try some Interlocking Anti-Fatigue Mat from Harbor Freight or one of the other tool outlets. That stuff saves a lot of aching feet and backs. :upthumbs

I have a very inexpensive way to solve that. I bought a drip pan from Walmart. It's an aluminum (I think) pan about 4 feet by 2 feet and only a couple inches deep. I put it under the car and center it under the oil pan and transmission. I just leave it there and drive in and out of the garage right over it (the wheels straddle it). Every so often, I pull it out and clean it. Nice thing is that it's small and lightweight, so it's easy to move and store away when not needed. Cost me $8.

I also use the drip pan in my garage. But since I stated using the Valvoline Max Life oil, all my leaks are gone. Go figure.
Good Luck
tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom