Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Update

P

Piet

Though I would post a picture...
This is a Back Alley Garage.

Still need to paved the driveway (New Zoning allows me to put the garage 4 feet of the rear property line. (More backyard)

vbgarage.php

Just curious. Did you keep yourself a good size work area on the right side of the garage or is that for the garden "stuff"? It looks like a good size for a big workbench etc. Nice to be able to work protected from the elements isn't it?
Looks good!

Work Bench! The Garage is 30' wide, 24' deep and a 9 1/2' interior ceiling.

I need to finish the Electrical... I am putting the main Service in the Garage (200 Amp) then running the house as a sub panel (Underground wiring) The Cable and Telephone come into the Garage First as well. Have a Cable Outlet Above workbench area.

You are looking east... On the south side, I have Patio Doors for light.
The South East Corner is an enclosed Toilet, Laundry Tub and In-Floor Heating connections.

Obviously much bigger than I realised, sorry! When I said work bench I didn't mean a 6' bench with a vise, I was thinking of a wall to wall bench and storage cupboards etc similar to a fantastic set up I saw at Tom Bryants ,great to work at! Sounds like quite the job you've done there and well thought out too. My apology again as I didn't realize how much room and height you had from the picture and totally underestimated it. Is the height planned for clearance for a post lift later? Good idea with patio doors, that will be great for lots of natural light. Great job!

The width is a bit deceiving in the picture....
the height is so I can fit my full-size van inside if I need to.

I plan on using a kwik-lift type "hoist".
I asked lots of questions on this forum before I built.
The patio doors are thanks to Chris Macdonald. They are amazing...

Once I put in the electrical and get it inspected, I will finish the drywall.

Third house.... First Garage.... no more oil changes, or car painting on the front street.....

I would guess you not only got a lot of good ideas but also avoided a lot of potential problems / expenses from the input all the group had. There are some ingenious ideas and combinations out there and it's brilliant how some maximize their garage to the limit. I've spent hours reading through the posts and enjoy the creativity many of you have. If it is too nice your wife will never get you out of there, so don't forget the fridge!;)
Thank you for sharing the pics and have a great summer:upthumbs

Have you moved your picture location (URL?) I can't see anything but the red x :(

that is a good sized one. I just had one built, and they say you ALWAYS want more space. Mine is 16x22 but anything larger would have been OVERKILL in my particular neighborhood. Went to a vette club members house this weekend to use his lift, he had a 60x40 or so pole barn with parking for 8 cars if it weren't for his haystack and tractor!!! and he thinks he needs more space too! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom