Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glass trouble

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Having a bit of a dilema!

Had my car vandalized....again but anyways all they did was smash the drivers window.

Now I bought the new glass and went to have it installed (I got NO time)

Now the owner is a friend of mine and he is having major difficulty getting this thing to line up!

He's gone off the original marking etc.. and even spent a few hours trying other settings but the thing is the glass is going up and down perfect the alignment looks good BUT the darn thing will not curve into the seal. It sits like 1/2 inch out of the seal's groove (So over top the "rain gutter" part of the seal)

Has anyone had this problem?

I asked him if it could be the wrong glass and he said it was HIGHLY unlikely hes thinking more about problems in the track which I think is BS.

Now I did order an 85 window but do all the other C4's use the same glass? If they don't Id sure like to know to match part numbers.

Here are the part numbers for 84-93. My passenger side window did the same thing. The nuts that are going thru the glass that hold it on the track came lose. It is a matter of aligning it back where it was. It wasn't easy by myself. I have a suggestion. Losen the nuts. With him inside, the door closed, lift and move the window around until it fits. Hope this helps...:w

Thanks bud I kinda thought that all the glass was the same.

Buddys had it at his shop for 3 days he'll get it Im sure but I sure need to get it quick I have a body shop appointment on Monday!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom