Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glasspacks

82RL

Corvette
2000 LT. Pewter Coupe
Just curious how do glasspacks compare to mufflers such as flowmaster etc. on a 82 Vette

If you want Noise use glassback If you want Hp use flowmaster I tried glass pack not enough back presure hope this helps

glass packs are VERY LOUD. Go with Flowmasters...... I am very pleased with mine.

Dave

I'm probably going to date myself here :(
Do they still make the CherryBomb or the Thrush mufflers :D

Bud

Glasspacks are restrictive. Some glasspacks flow better mounted backwards. Nevertheless if you have the cat. converter, you could run very short ones or nothing. The less backpressure the better!
See Why Exhaust is problem for HP on 75-81
what many refer to as my Exhaust topic.
http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/ganeyexhaust.htm

:cool

Some backpressure is needed, or else useable power suffers greatly. If you don't do extended high-rpm driving (ie, racing), you will generally find that an unrestrictive exhaust gives you high HP numbers to brag about, but narrows the powerband and raises it higher in the RPM range, where it is much less useful.

Joe

Is there a certain type of Flowmaster everyone uses? I would like a little rumble but I don't want to get a headache going down the road.

In my opinion, you would probably be better off going with a nice catback system from Borla or Billy Boat Systems, that will maintain the original look of your system to some degree. And they sound very nice too.

82RL - Contact Flowmaster through their tech line. They are very helpfull and informative. I have the 40 series on my car. They are the most radical. They don't bother me one bit cruising down the highway but I am sure others might find them a little loud. I always recieve positive comments on the tone of my system. IMHO if you don't have to worry about emissions,unlock some of the hidden power in your vette with true duals!
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/web10/indexf5.html

Dave

Rare81 said:
I'm probably going to date myself here :(
Do they still make the CherryBomb or the Thrush mufflers :D

Bud

Yes, Autozone sells them here in N.C.:w :Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom