Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM carb swap for Edelbrock

king80vette

Corvette
1980 Blue Coupe
I’m thinking about swapping my original GM carb for an Edelbrock. I have a 1980 L48 with an auto and egr. Will any of the Edelbrock carbs fit without making any other changes?

Thanks,
Steve

The Edelbrock Quadrajet will bolt right on.The "AFB" will require an adaptor to fit your stock speadbore intake.(possible hood clearance issues)You could also spend an extra $100 and get an Edelbrock performer intake to go with it.

I don’t think the 1900 series edelbrock quadrajet carburetors are available any more. I did have hood clearance issues with the performer intake and my stock air cleaner. The hood would close OK but the hood insulation was touching the top of the air cleaner. Holley does make a spread bore replacement carburetor model number 4175 650 cfm with electric choke.
Brian

The Quadrajet is a superior carb to the Edelbrock. Rebuild it and get it adjusted correctly and it will give you more power and better efficiency. God bless, Sensei

80 hood clearance

vetteengine1.jpg

vetteengine2.jpg

Yes, an Edelbrock Performer EPS intake & Performer carb will fit (BARELY)...I had to go with a flatter "nickle" style 360* aircleaner to get it squashed in there.

You wont be dissapointed. HOWEVER, my MPG did go down, the manufacture claims better MPG & Performance....Well the performance went up but the MPG (especially on road trips) went down. From about 15.5 to 12.5mpg.

Best

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom