Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Go for start up

Corvette
1962 rebuild in progress
Well after three years of rebuilding the frame, suspension, brakes, engine and drive train of my 62' 300 hp, 327, we were ready to fire everthing up today. After checking and double checking all the wiring, temporary gauges, fuel system, cooling and vacuum hoses, we spun the oil pump, primed the carb and hit the switch. Man what a sweet sound, she cranked for about two seconds and lit off. Oil pressure is great, temp is good, the valve lash set up well, and the electrical system is charging. Everything that needs to be happening is happening and set up well during the initial 30 minute run time. Have a few minor things to fix or find, small drip around the radiator, will replace cork valve cover gaskets as the ones I put on seem to sag a little, adjust the shift linkage on the powerglide, and have a small drip coming from the insert where the speedo hooks into the tranny. Near as I can figure this is the first time since 1971 that it ran last. It was a good day today!!! Will now take about a month to sit and admire everything and then will start working on the body which is off the frame sitting patiently on the other side of my shop. Cool beans man!! :cool

Congrats on a good start up. I did a similar thing with my car. Body in New Jersey, assembled frame here in Virginia. Started it up, adjusted the valves, ran it for about an hour and a half for complete warm up and settle in. Good feeling AND the neighbors enjoyed the side pipes.

Rich

Congratulations, Claude. It's a great feeling, isn't it. :D

Please take lots of photos and let us see too. :W

Congratulations. It has to be a great feeling.

Tom:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom