Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Going to Iraq Storage Help Needed

PLRX

Gents, I'm going to Iraq for 14 months. My C4 needs the care she rates. What are your recommendations for storage, etc etc

Please be safe and stay away from Bombers.

First of all, Thanks for your service :pat I may be jumping to conclusions, but I'd guess you are going in service to our country and protect our way of life.

If that's the case I hope a member in the area will step up and offer to responsibly house and care for your baby. Consider it a challange folks ;)

Moonunit 451 said:
First of all, Thanks for your service :pat I may be jumping to conclusions, but I'd guess you are going in service to our country and protect our way of life.

If that's the case I hope a member in the area will step up and offer to responsibly house and care for your baby. Consider it a challange folks ;)

I second the above---we are 100% behind you in this important task, regardless of all the negativity around!! My father was in the Navy as was my uncle, and if there is any thing we can do back here while you are away let us know. When my uncle went overseas he used to store his Corvette in some storage operation the military provided. I see that you are in 29 Palms California, and am wondering if there is someone in charge of housing at the base who may know of auto storage arrangements either there or at Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, etc. (I surf at San Onofre, so know that area of California a bit).

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

Stay Safe

May God bless you with his care and safekeeping.:pat

Now as for the c4 As suggested find a secure storage facility, one that is climate controlled would be ideal. Fill the gas tank and put in Sta Bil. Remember you are treating 20 gallons so don't be frugile. If possible put a battery tender or trickle charger with a timer on the battery to keep the battery up till you get back. After all you want to fire it up and run all that gas out of it right away, and reconnect with your love. Before storage I would change the oil do the gas and drive it about 20 miles to circulate everything and put in storage hot. As for me everytime I get in my baby I will remember you and say a prayer that you will return safe. Without you and thousands like you throughout the history of this great country none of us would have the freedom to enjoy something like a Corvette.:grouphug: :beer :pat :pat

Remember there's nothing wrong with being the first one in the fox hole.:D

on your C-5 or C-17 ride over, take a look at the tanker re-fueling it, if she says 459th on the ruddervators, do a corvette wave!
GOOD LUCK!!

PLRX787 said:
Gents, I'm going to Iraq for 14 months. My C4 needs the care she rates. What are your recommendations for storage, etc etc

We live in the land of freedom because of the brave! America loves our freedom fighters! I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt, sucks to wear it! Freedom would not exist if it were not for people like you! Good Luck!! Return home soon!! Good Luck and Stay Safe!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom