Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GoodYear F1 D3

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
GoodYear has recently released their new Eagle F1 D3 which is supposed to be replacing the GS-C, HP and others. Has anyone tried them yet?

Corvette Fever had an article on them recently and indicated they liked them. Has any of the other mags done a tire comparison test yet?

Just wondering.

Guess not, yet.
I'll try again later.

Thanks, now we're getting somewhere.

In the Corvette Fever article, they didn't mention anything specific, just subjective comments. At least Hib says what he did and what he compared the new tire to. Too bad Hib didn't get to do a dry traction comparison also.

I've got a years worth of wear on my Pilot Sports (on the '92, not the '03) and really love them. It may be another year before I need to replace tires but I'd like to hear what people are saying about the new D3. I've been a GY fan for a long time but the latest versions for the Vette have left a lot to be desired.

If anyone has mounted D3 yet, I'd love to know how you feel about them.

Oh yeah! I bought mine from www.Tirerack.com I really like them. Even with the roads being cold here, I've gotten great traction from them. I can't comment on wear, because they are new, but the noise isn't bad. The sidewalls seem a bit higher then the stock tire of the same size, but not by much. I'd highly recommend them, and I'd buy them again, and again, and again. I've got a ton of pics if you'd like to see them mounted.

-JimS

I'd love to see a couple of pix. Can you put them on a web site?
You could even email a couple if they aint' toooo big. ;)

Sorry to chime in late here, but could you post a few photos of the D3's mounted? I would really like to see them as well. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but they are too big to post. They are about 750k each. I can send them to you if you'd like.

-JimS

Eagle HP plus?

What the __ happened to them?

I had the chance to buy some when I went for new tires,
I thought they were UUUUgly. So I went w/ GSC's again,
a pretty tire.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom