Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GOT AN 08??Read this Bulletin..

hardnoks

Corvette
2008 CRM/EBONY Z51 MZ6 COUPE-NPP
Subject: Bulletin GMP07-181 - 07260 Keyless Access System Inoperative, Models: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette
Message #: VSU20071584

DESCRIPTION:
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM #07260
DATED: OCTOBER 1, 2007

NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2008.

On certain 2008 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, the keyless access system may become inoperative at times. The doors may not automatically lock or unlock, and the vehicle may not start. The DIC will also display a "NO FOBS DETECTED" message.

If this condition occurs, the driver can lock or unlock the doors by pushing the buttons on the keyless access transmitter. The vehicle can be started by placing the transmitter in the glove box transmitter pocket with the buttons facing towards the passenger's side. Then, with the vehicle in PARK (P) for an automatic transmission, press the brake pedal and the START button. If the vehicle has a manual transmission, press the clutch and the START button.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to install a new module for the keyless access system.

Refer to Customer Satisfaction Program Bulletin #07260 for the service procedure and other detailed information.

EFFECTIVE DATE:
Owner mailing is scheduled to begin OCTOBER 8, 2007.

GENERAL INFORMATION:
PART IS RESTRICTED. PLEASE CONTACT PRODUCT QUALITY CENTER AT 1-866-654-7654 TO ORDER.

The Parts list follows:

Part Number Description Quantity/Vehicle
25882862 RECEIVER, R/CON DR LK & THEFT DTRNT 1

This happened to my 05 today, is this normal on all c-6's. Not sure I like all this electronic stuff, especially when you can't open a door or start a car without putting the fob in the glovebox. I sure liked midyears better for working on.

This happened to my 05 today, is this normal on all c-6's. Not sure I like all this electronic stuff, especially when you can't open a door or start a car without putting the fob in the glovebox. I sure liked midyears better for working on.
Only 08's as far as I know,but anything is possible w/all this electronic jazz.

here's the recall vin range...

if you're in this range- this is for you.
The following VIN breaks (last 8 of the VIN) are affected: 85105302 to 85106987.

It appears that some of the cars in the VIN range were repaired at the plant before they got a chance to leave. My Vette was delayed at the plant and it appears it was for this issue.

It appears that some of the cars in the VIN range were repaired at the plant before they got a chance to leave. My Vette was delayed at the plant and it appears it was for this issue.

SAVED YOU A TRIP TO THE DEALER!:upthumbs

Yea.
Better to delay shipment and fix them at the plant than deliver a bunch of Vettes to a bunch of dealers and then have the new owners go nuts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom