Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got bent over at the pump tonight

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
I thought I would be smart and fill up with just under 3/4's of a tank. I like to fill it up often with the high prices, but i usually wait till between 1/4 and a 1/2. Anyways I pumped like 9.2 gallons, and the total ended up being like 20 some dollars. It was 2.09 for premium. I figured around 6 or 7 gallons, however when I saw 20 bucks I couldn't believe it.

The price we pay to drive our vettes.

Craig

Ouch.

Here as low as 1.579 for regular. 93 octane usually about .15 higher.

Lucky you're not in the UK. Over there it's about 85 pence per liter, which if my calculator is working, at about $1.77 to the pound, is about $5.70 per US gallon.

Adrian

I most I've seen has been approx $6.50/gallon converted. Reykjavik, Iceland. No wonder they're in the process of switching to Hydrogen. :cry

$1.88 to $1.90 here in Houston.

Rock Doc (Kevin)

1986 Red Vert.
2003 Black Coupe

I think we win the award in the states 2.37/gallon

Everyone in the U.S. always complains about the gas prices, but compared to the rest of the world, we have it VERY CHEAP!!

Not compared to UAE countries...but then again..I wouldn't want to live there. :eyerole

$292.9 CHEVRON

BUT I USE UNION 76 AT ONLY 282.9;help

MAUI HAWAII !
THE USA INVENTED OIL DRILLING TOOLS THE GAS SHOULD BE CHEAPER IN THE USA.

limomanb said:
Not compared to UAE countries...but then again..I wouldn't want to live there. :eyerole
Not so bad, petrol was only pennies a gallon, Vettes everywhere, wall to wall sunshine, some of the most impresive hotels in the world, you can buy booze, vitually no crime whatsoever and the Gulf Air and Emirate trolly dolly's are all big honey blondes :D

J.

True, but as an American in these times....I would feel a little uneasy.:mad

We're in the $2.15-2.20 neighborhood for premium. I haven't really felt it because I alternate between the Vette' and the Camry. When the prices are high, I use the Camry. The Camry has better mileage and it can take the cheapest gas that I can find. ;)

I filled it up this morning after getting it washed. $2.03/gallon for the premium at Shell. (This is the stuff with the "V-Power.")

-Patrick

It hovers at $2 here in central Texas, but the wierd thing is that Diesel is now higher than regular unleaded, my dually took $65 the other day! :mad

just under $2.00 for sunoco 94 here in Ohio, since getting a C5 I only fill up once a week instead of 2 or 3 times with the C3 so I am saving money :D

I know we have it cheaper then some other places, however it has been cheaper here also. I was just suprised at the fact I expected a 10 dollar fill up, instead it was 20. And since the corvette gets the best fuel economy of any vehicle I own that is what I try to drive. Although it is weird that most places diesel has passed regular.

Craig

vetteboy86 said:
I know we have it cheaper then some other places, however it has been cheaper here also. I was just suprised at the fact I expected a 10 dollar fill up, instead it was 20. And since the corvette gets the best fuel economy of any vehicle I own that is what I try to drive. Although it is weird that most places diesel has passed regular.

Craig

You guys do. When we had extremely high prices here in Illinois due to some tax in 2000, I would actually fill up in Munster, IN. It was $.30 cents cheaper a gallon. And being that I went out there once a week, it was on the way.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom