Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sports @ Amelia Island DVD

Corvette
2016 C7.R Z06 "ROSA" - black 'Vert w/yellow accent
Folks,

Just received the Grand Sports @ Amelia Island DVD from Ecklers as an early Christmas present - all I can say is BUY IT! I was there in person and took lots of digital pix, but nothing can compare to this DVD!

They show lots of pictures of all FIVE GS's - they interview many of the original drivers and interview some of the current owners.
Some of those interviewed were Delmo Johnson, Dave Morgan, Dick Gulstrand, John Mecum, and on and on!

John Mecum mentions that there "mythically" is a rumor and that there is a SIXTH GS out there somewhere! He said this with a very grin on his face!

Cool,I didnt even know they were making a video of it.I was there also,do you see a fat ,balding guy dragging two kids while eating a corn dog.

PaintDaddy,

Don't recall, but I will sure keep my eyes open next time I view. Did see myself trying to hog the camera in a couple of frames (VBG). Those GS's sure were AWESOME, weren't they!?

Is the amelia Island event an annual thing?........I think that it is.
We have a house at the Amelia Island Plantation.......I will attend (if it is there) in 2004

Merry Christmas!
:beer

Sam,

It was the 8th annual event when the Grand Sports were there - they have a different theme car every year and I think the Ford might be this year - don't really remmeber - sure someone will correct me

I plan on going again this year.I hope the weather is a little nicer.And yes it was an unbeleivable sight to see the grand sports in all their glory in a ballroom at the Ritz.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom