Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Graphics upgrade installed !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Well I decided to install the four pieces of graphics on my 2003 50th. Aniversary coupe and I really have to say, this looks so good you'd swear it came from Bowling Green this way. I bought the four pices (Sill, passengers side airbag letter inserts and the 50th anni. Steering wheel emblem and it took about a hour and a half. You need a set of tweezers, latex gloves and take you time and patience and it works out great. They are the same size as the existing crest, so it's easy to install them over the existing raised design.

I cleaned everything and I used a product called Bondpak primer pen, it's 3M adhesion primer pen #4298 which really works well at preping the surface for the graphics which I bought from www.cyberdinegraphics.com these are a really professional crafted inserts. Their about 1/32 to 1/16 thick and are soft so there is no worry if the airbags deploy. No way these could hurt anyone.

But they take that rather bland plastic dashboard and transform it into a detailed and attractive upgrade. I was sort of on the fence about installing the set, but once I did it I was really satisfied with the final product. Especially the sill inserts. My 2003 50th Anniversary sills were just plain black plastic and the silver inserts with the anniversary inserts and the crossed flags really set off the interior just opening the door. and once installed they lay so flat you can bearly feel the soft raised emblems.

I cleaned as the instructions advise and I used the 3M adhesion primer pen and they feel like they were welded to the sills. No fears of any loose edges. I have been trying to post pictures, but either the pix's are too large or I'm doing something else that won't allow me to post the results. I keep getting a message ' I don't have a security token' to allow me to upload them. So I need to resolve this problem. But trust me, this mod is well worth the cost and effort. I'm really happy with the results. :thumb

BTW they are made in the USA :pat

:confused Probably a stupid question here... but I went to cyberdinegraphics.com and I didn't see pricing for most items, nor how to place the order! ;shrug

So, did you call them to place your order? Thanks.

:w Jim,

Send me your photo's and I'll get them "Edited into your post for ya ;) "

rarel81 @ hotmail.com (remove the space before and after the @ ;) )

I doing this for purely selfish reasons :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Bud
:w
:thumb

Those are VERY NICE,,, good work Jim... now I NEED TO ORDER Abby a set :dance

I'll get a photo of Abby's mirror bra's... I had a little special added touch to them :dance..

Bud

I also took a quick photo of the trunk insert :dance

Really a sweet look!!! I want to get the Commemorative set for my Z16...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom