Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gymkhana suspension

S

stingrayl82

Does anyone know where I can get an original FE7 Gymkhana suspension setup for my 1979 L-82? I also want the F51 shocks to go with it. Also, what are they measuring, when they say that the width is 2 1/2" vs 2 1/4" on the spring? Is the width when I'm looking at the spring from the top or the side? Thanks in advance for the answers. Oh yeah, I'm not interested in a fiberglass spring, especially if it's from Vette Brakes & Products....been there done that, and the spring blew up on me.

stingray l82

I suppose you did your homework. What are the benifits of the gymkahna suspension, and the f-51 shocks? I need to redo my front and rear suspension and I'm suspension stupid!! I just did my body mounts and It looks as if I have the original shocks, I thought all vettes had the front and rear sway bars, but not mine! My leafspring also looks pretty sad.

Wamp '74

I have the gymkahna suspension on my vette although I need a complete suspension rebuild. Just to add to the discussion, one of my vette restoration books suggest going with a softer 9 leaf spring with solid rear sway bar. He offers that the sway bar is what really gives rear end control and the spring simply supports the rear of the car.

Regards,

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom