Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Halloween story

alps66

Corvette
1966 milano maroon 427/390
So, it’s Halloween and I’m standing outside the house wearing my crossed flags Corvette cap (a close as I get to a costume…) handing out candy to the over 200 munchkins who come around. One observant young man, about 13 years old, comes up and says, “You own a Corvette?” to which I reply “yes.” “Stingray?” he asks. “Yes.” He further inquires, “split window?” “No, it’s a ’66 convertible. Split windows were limited to ’63.” There’s a pause, and he says, “Oh… Well, that’s awesome too!” In the meantime, his buddies are getting impatient for candy and cut him off. Would have loved to find out how he knew so much…
Further proof that interest in these machines won’t die with our generation (i.e., those of us who had Corvette envy in the ‘60s).
Happy Halloween!
Jeff

I took the kids out today, of course, and at one house I made a point of going up to "trick or treat" with the kids.

The lady comes to the door and doles out candy to the kids then I say "Trick or Treat. I'd like the plastic thing under that cover in your driveway."

She looks at me like I'm an idiot (she's not wrong) but we get to talking a bit about the 90 Vette under the cover. I may have talked her into joining our local club in the 3 minutes I had.

Too bad the neighbor with the orange '06 wasn't home. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom