Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone here ever taken out a loan to pay for a new engine?

As you may recall, my engine went south last year only about 5 or 6 mos. after I bought my car. Not willing to spend a bunch of money to put it back together stock, I decided to build it
drunk.gif
Since I had paid cash for the car, I was kinda low on funds, especially since I had had to buy tires and do several repairs prior to the motor going away
banghead.gif

Not having had enough abuse, I decided to take a second on my house and continue forward with my midlife crisis :L I took my time, tried to make the right choices and not get totally out of control. It was stressful at some points when I didn't want to fork out the cash (read, borrow more money), but I forged on.

And for about $10,000, I have a car that runs great, and fast, looks pretty good, and I drive it everyday. As I've said before, I have a $16,000, $6,000 Corvette. I did almost everything myself, it took about 8 mos. and so far, I couldn't be happier :D

Once again I'd like to thank all the people on these forums who had a lot of patience and were so helpful to me :beer
PregridCrisColinSteve.jpg

Moonunit 451 said:
As you may recall, my engine went south last year only about 5 or 6 mos. after I bought my car. Not willing to spend a bunch of money to put it back together stock, I decided to build it

I could never understand why someone would build an engine back to stock specs. I mean, if you have it torn down, may as well build the heck out of it right? :)

'65 coupe, high-mileage, numbers matching, develops a spun bearing (as an example; actual scenario varied slightly). To make any real mods to that engine would be criminal. And all of us who make large mods to our cars are just making the future market better for those who DIDN'T :). Yes, eventually a pristine C4 will be worth SOMETHING.
[RICHR]

Considering that remote IMHO possibility, I have retained ALL of the original parts and equipment, accept for the tranny converter. If the vette stays running well, and doesn't comsume all my spare time (as it usually seems to), I'll clean the stuff up and store it carefully during the rainy mos, to keep myself out of trouble ;)

Colin, please, please use another avatar. I simply HATE that frigging commercial and I HATE that drug-taking Bob guy!! ;LOL

Ken said:
Colin, please, please use another avatar. I simply HATE that frigging commercial and I HATE that drug-taking Bob guy!! ;LOL

;LOL ;LOL I stole it from someone else :D I thought is was great, laughed out loud the first time I saw it. Anyone else feel this way :L

If that is a command Ken, I'll comply ;) :w You gotta admit, those dopey commercials catch your attention, especially the way they double em up :L

No, no command. I'll just have to avert my eyes. O-o-oh, I HATE that commercial!! ;LOL

Ken,

Please tell us why you hate that guy so much. :D C'mon, tell the truth now. :D

Ken said:
I can't get it up? ;LOL

Then you should be looking up to him, not hating him. :L Afterall, he could be your messiah! ;LOL

I tried those, ahem, enhancers once. My wife works in a clinic that gets free samples. Anyway, I can get it up normally but just wanted to see what it was like. One of my friends recommend I try it....he didn't say why...he just grinned. So what the hell, I did.

Holy Cow!

Let's just say, I'm 37 and felt like I was 18 again! Well, my, you know felt like 18 again. ;) It's not addictive either. I haven't used it since and function fine, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone offered it free.

Rogue said:
I tried those, ahem, enhancers once. My wife works in a clinic that gets free samples. Anyway, I can get it up normally but just wanted to see what it was like. One of my friends recommend I try it....he didn't say why...he just grinned. So what the hell, I did.

Holy Cow!

Let's just say, I'm 37 and felt like I was 18 again! Well, my, you know felt like 18 again. ;) It's not addictive either. I haven't used it since and function fine, but I wouldn't turn it down if someone offered it free.

So how did you feel afterwards? :L

Edmond said:
Then you should be looking up to him, not hating him. :L Afterall, he could be your messiah! ;LOL

Just another hijacked thread ;LOL ;LOL

I guess it could be worse for ya Ken, YOU could be the only guy stupid enough to post an honest response to the original question here -- instead of ME
nuke.gif

Edmond said:
So how did you feel afterwards? :L
Tired!

In response to the original question, my whole Corvette is one big debt! I spent almost $20k on that car ($10k purchase price). So, yeah. I'm just about in the same boat as you. If I die tomorrow, I'll be happy.

But I don't really care because I love that freakin' car!

Hey, in all honesty, no one really wants to know what I have invested in my engine project - myself least of all. I don't want anybody to know how stupid I really am! :L

My Corvette is my boat - the analogy being a hole where you throw your money. :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom